What's new

Partridge Family - Season Three on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I just finished watching Season Two last night. I'm ready for Season Three...
Any news on when?

What a gem from the 1970's.... great show! Cheesy but GREAT!!

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I heard awhile back that their was a big screen movie being made about the partridge family. kinda like what they did with bewitched.perhaps sony is waiting for the movie to come out before they release season 3.as a tie in to the movie.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Interesting a movie based on the Partridge Family. Didn't VH-1 do something recently where they tried to re-cast the show? It was a reality type of program.

I hope they do come out with S-3 soon and it doesn't fall to the wayside. Kind of like Adam-12. They came out with S-1 and that was it. Emergency
S-1 & S-2 but many fans of that program want to see more.

I guess there are others as well like Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Mork & Mindy. They all had S-1 releases and nothing else yet.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
One can never tell about Sony's release schedule. They usually don't abandon shows, at least at the level Universal does. I know they did with a few (Barney Miller, Mad About You) but their timeframes seem to be anywhere from 3 months to 3 years between seasons, depending on who knows what. If we don't see this by 2008 I'll start to lose hope.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Well, that's encouraging because I was beginning to lose hope myself--and my sanity from endless questions from my 5 year old as to when season 3 comes out. Just hope for his sake it has what he likes the most: PF 2200 AD

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It would be nice to see extras return to S3. The studios shouldn't be waiting too long to get seasons released, as DVD only has a few more years of life left in it anyway.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Jeff,
I cringe whenever I think about changing formats. To think of the money all of us already have invested in our TV on DVD libraries. I shudder at the thought of having to buy it all over again.

But if you think of it, who still buys 8-tracks, record albums, beta, laser disc, or videos anymore?

I guess the current DVD format is going smaller eventually?

Let's go Sony bring it on... think it about you'll make your money twice on it. In the current dvd format and on the newer format that everyone will probably change over to....

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
At this stage of my life, I'm not doing another format switch. There will be DVD players around for the rest of my life so I don't really care what they go to next.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I doubt we'll be seeing much TV on HD/BD for a while, and if we do, it will likely be reissues of what is already out, not new seasons. It doesn't make sense to start marketing a series on a new format when you still have seasons left to sell on DVD. Milk the DVD market first, THEN get everyone to rebuy on HD/BD or their successor.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I've been waiting for season 3 myself. Based on the six months between the first two seasons, you'd think we'd have seen s3 by now. Or at LEAST an announcement of some kind. I'm hoping it will come out - just a bit of a delay. Worst case, at least I could say that I have two seasons of it on DVD. It's better than nothing. Still, I really would like the final two seasons.

Mick Tees

Second Unit

That would be a bummer if seasons 3 & 4 came out on HD (BD) only...

Perhaps Sony is waiting to release the final two seasons because maybe they're waiting to record some extras for it with the show's stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks