What's new

Parasound Amp/Pioneer A/V Reciever/Poping (1 Viewer)

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
I'M about to pull the trigger on a new Parasound 2205 Amp. I am currently testing it with a Pioneer Elite VSX 36 receiver. I have lifted the ground on the amp to eliminate the hum but am getting allot of popping in the speakers. All I am trying to do is buy a little time before purchasing a pre amp. Questions.
Is the amp to powerful for the receiver?
For this price range should I be looking for another amp?
I do not want to be purchasing another amp for many years. This maybe my one opportunity for me to step up into separates and I do not want to make a mistake.
Considering a 950 Outlaw or an older Parasound?

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Tim,

I had a pioneer elite 49tx paired with my parasound 2205 amp and I had popping sounds coming through my speakers as well. I currently have a Theta Casablanca with my 2205 and no pops with this combo:D

Bob

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I used to have a Rotel RMB1075 with my 36TX and didn't get any popping in the speakers. Have since upgraded the 36TX to a Lex MC1.

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
Bob
I have also noticed a small amount of "pink noise" when I leave the amp on and nothing else or quite seens in a movie. Any thoughts?

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator
Daryl,
Thanks for the info. I will be upgrading to an Outlaw 950 or an older Parasound Pre-Amp soon. I just want to make sure it is the receiver that is the problem and not the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks