What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Paramount Presents! The First Wives Club (1996) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
814+ZApyZOL._SX522_.jpg

The hilarious comedy THE FIRST WIVES CLUB arrives on Blu-ray™ for the first time ever as part of the Paramount Presents line on June 28, 2022 from Paramount Home Entertainment!

Starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton, the uproarious revenge comedy has been remastered from a 4K film transfer for this new release. The Paramount Presents Blu-ray includes collectible packaging with a foldout image of the film’s original theatrical poster, as well as a new Filmmaker Focus with screenwriter Robert Harling.

Loaded with snappy one-liners, great physical gags, and a healthy dose of satire, THE FIRST WIVES CLUB tells the story of three Manhattanites with more than a longtime friendship in common—they’ve all been dumped by their husbands for newer, curvier models. Determined to turn their pain into gain, justice isn’t about getting mad, it’s about getting everything.

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB
features an incredible supporting cast, including Maggie Smith, Dan Hedaya, Bronson Pinchot, Marcia Gay Harden, Sarah Jessica Parker, Rob Reiner, Stockard Channing, and Elizabeth Berkley.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I didn't like this movie when it came out in 1996 - I saw it on my Mum's recommendation! Then I rewatched it last year on Netflix, while I was in COVID-lockdown. Like many other adult-orientated films which came out in the '80's and '90's, which I didn't particularly care for at the time, I now found that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely helps being middle-aged!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
An odd choice; I saw it when it came out and couldn’t appreciate it (too young). If I see it again, maybe my opinion will change.
An odd choice? Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Maggie Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker, Stockard Channing, Marcia Gay Harden. If that's an odd choice, gimme more of it. The film was a box office smash grossing $182 million. It's in line with other Paramount Presents releases like Foul Play and Pretty In Pink.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
An odd choice? Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Maggie Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker, Stockard Channing, Marcia Gay Harden. If that's an odd choice, gimme more of it. The film was a box office smash grossing $182 million. It's in line with other Paramount Presents releases like Foul Play and Pretty In Pink.
"Foul Play" wasn't Paramount Presents. It was an older scan, with a more reasonable price point.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
"Foul Play" wasn't Paramount Presents. It was an older scan, with a more reasonable price point.
Okay, my bad. But it's still in line with Paramount Presents titles like Airplane, Breakdown, Flashdance, Bugsy Malone etc. and certainly a bigger title than Elizabethtown which was a box office flop but also a Paramount Presents title.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Okay, my bad. But it's still in line with Paramount Presents titles like Airplane, Breakdown, Flashdance, Bugsy Malone etc. and certainly a bigger title than Elizabethtown which was a box office flop but also a Paramount Presents title.
Not a criticism. Just a friendly correction. What ends up as a Paramount Presents and what doesn't can be befuddling. Why "Elizabethtown" and not "Reds", for example? Though unlike "Foul Play", "Reds" was given a new scan.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Not a criticism. Just a friendly correction. What ends up as a Paramount Presents and what doesn't can be befuddling. Why "Elizabethtown" and not "Reds", for example? Though unlike "Foul Play", "Reds" was given a new scan.
Maybe Cameron Crowe sells better?

Also anything Russia ain't too popular right now.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the press release left Stephen Collins' name off of the list of supporting players for obvious reasons I guess. Though if offended or disgusted by what he admitted he did, perhaps it should be known that he is in the movie.

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The First Wives Club is fondly remembered around my house. I somehow expected more from it when I saw it theatrically, but actually enjoyed it quite a lot upon renewed screenings at home.
Best scene in it, Hawn's Elise Elliott getting smashed at the bar after being offered to play the part of 'a mother' in her next movie, disgusted, shocked and incapable of recognizing her years as an ingenue in pictures has passed her by, and, telling the sympathetic bartender, "Is this the face of a mother? Angela Lansbury is Monique's mother. Shelley Winters is 'Unique's' mother. Sean Connery is Monique's mother. No. No. I take that back. Sean Connery is Monique's boyfriend. He may be 300 years old but he's still a stud!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks