What's new

paramount, please release season sets of star trek tos (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i don't want to go out and purches individual 2 episodes for 20 bucks, either lower the prices or rerelease them in season sets

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'll agree, even though this has been beaten to death and they've said not at this time. I can guarantee I'd start picking these up again if the MSRP were lowered to a point where I'd be able to buy them fot $9.99 each at someplace like Best Buy. $5 an episode, or less, is about right IMO.

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

This has been addressed quite handily some time ago by Martin Blythe from Paramount. Simply put Paramount will not be releasing boxed sets of "Star Trek TOS" because the Studio knows that doing so would create quite a Firestorm from those of us who have Purchased all 40 volumes of TOS in it's current format. Myself included

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Really, I don't think Paramount will *never* bring out season boxsets of TOS. I hope/expect some repackaging of the series will happen after the release of DS9 & Voyager (& Enterprise, if it defies syndication rules). I doubt TOS boxsets will appear before 2005. All this is, of course, just guessing on my part. :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I also wouldn't mind box sets. I've almost completely sold mt entire TOS section. It takes up too much space. Maybe Paramount will reconsider this when they are done releasing DS9 and Voyager, since they aren't available at all yet.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased all 40 volumes. That's a lot of cash. However, I would stick them in a box somewhere (or sell them on EBAY), and gladly purchase 3 box sets of seasons, if only for less shelf space.

Of course, I'm probably in the minority, and Paramount knows that.

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,
I have spent the cash & bought all 40 volumes of TOS. It would really be a shame if Paramount decided to release TOS with the same case design as TNG. That was the only objection I had about TNG was that the case design was possibly one of the worst I've seen since the introduction of DVD second only to Warner's Snapper of course :)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
seriously though, it it's a matter of space, just grab the excellent covers that have been made and print them off for the 5 disk cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks