What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Paramount Pictures Presents: Flashdance (1983) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Total manipulation flick- the person acting is not the person dancing but a body double. Need I say more?
Fun soundtrack and Oscar winning song I believe. Another Giorgio Moroder soundtrack save.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Total manipulation flick- the person acting is not the person dancing but a body double. Need I say more?
Fun soundtrack and Oscar winning song I believe. Another Giorgio Moroder soundtrack save.

...and very, very blatant body double.

It was so apparent in the film.

Marc Hampton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
My experience in straight bars is absolutely minimal.... but I confess I never pictured crowds meeting for after-work beers while cheering on cabaret shows with strobe lights and waterfalls.

How long has that been going on?

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

That final dance features 4 different people, and the breakdance spin is actually a guy.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
It'll probably be even more obvious in a new 4K scan.
Now, if George Lucas had made Flashdance, he would have just digitally fixed that. And then there would have been outrage for years on forums about him ruining people's childhood legacies and demands from fans to release the original, as it was, "with the guy in the breakdance spin". :D

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Amazingly though this film launched a mini phenomenon in 1983 ( my freshman year in college fresh off USMC active duty) of clothing styles. Particularly those off the shoulder sweatshirts where a lot of girls at my college showed up to class wearing this style, and usually forgetting to wear a bra underneath. Which proved rather distracting in class with about 4 girls right around me sporting Flashdance shirts.

Solved that problem by purchasing one for my then girlfriend Leslie.

Marco S

Stunt Coordinator
One of the first movies I watched utilizing Beta hifi. I remember the sound of those hamburgers frying. It changed the way we listened to a movie soundtrack.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
PARAMOUNT PRESENTS – FLASHDANCE

May 19
– Available to Buy on Collectible Blu-rays

Presented in collectible packaging that includes a foldout image of the original movie poster and interior artwork featuring key movie moments, each Blu-ray in the Paramount Presents line features new interviews with filmmakers and/or celebrated film historian Leonard Maltin.

The hit movie that became a cultural sensation, FLASHDANCE delivers an electrifying mix of music, drama and dance that dazzles the senses as it touches the heart; now newly remastered from a 4K film transfer supervised by director Adrian Lyne. Bonus features include a new Filmmaker Focus with Lyne, as well as previously released featurettes on the look of the film and the phenomenon it became.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
From the book in that Slate link:

Skip the next 137 pages. Pick back up on Page 172, in the chapter called “Michael Eisner Pimps the Teamsters.” During preproduction on the movie Flashdance, Paramount chose three candidates for the lead role: Leslie Wing, Demi Moore, and Jennifer Beals. Eisner, then head of the studio, gathers more than 200 union members in a screening room and shows them footage of all three. “I want to know one thing from you guys after you’ve seen it,” he shrieks. “I want to know which of these three young women you’d most want to fuck.” Beals gets the part.

And this is who they got to run Disney?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks