What's new

Paradigm Studio 20 vs. PSB Stratus Mini (1 Viewer)

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
are these speakers comparable? or is the stratus in a totally different league? i would like to hear the Stratus line, but i can't find any dealers close to me. thanks for any help.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
At the same price point I preferred the Paradigm Studio 40s (over the 20s and PSB Mini). However, I felt PSBs larger Stratus speakers (Goldi & Silveri) outperformed the larger Paradigms. So yes, they are in the same league & both are certainly worth auditioning...

StanleyW

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think these speakers make a good comparsion. not because of their prices but because they sound so different. i auditioned these two speakers and monitor audio 3i's at the same place when i was shopping for speakers. i got the 3i's. the paradigm's are the brightest of the three speakers. not saying they are bright but brighest of the three. the are very detailed and musical. to me the monitor audio's and psb mini's sound very similiar. they are very warm and smooth. to me they are more tranparent then the paradigms. of the three speakers i like the psb's the most. just a little more then my monitor audio's. however the mini costs twice as much. so i got monitor audio's. i am not telling you that the psb's and monitor audio's are better then the paradigms, they just didn't suit my tastes as much. the paradigm speakers are excellent, obviously since the have such a loyal following everywhere. i just want to tell you they sound very different and that you should go and have a listem yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks