Paradigm Signature S2 Demo

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brian Fitterman, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

Durning lunch yesturday the Paradigm/Anthem Rep paid a visit to my local Dealer with a Demo Pair of S2's finished in Birds Eye Maple.

My dealer called me, but by the time I got the message the rep had already packed up the speakers.

But, they do look fantastic. Furniture quality finish. Best I have ever seen.

Also, Everything is different. Not just the finish. The cabinet is different, the xover, the drivers...everything.

As for the sound, everyone who was at the demo when they were hooked up said it was night and day difference between the V3 studio's and the Signatures.

On the good side, I did get a nice Paradigm Shirt.

2. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

I talked to a guy who has heard the S2 already. He said the new Paradigms impressed him so much, with the sound quality and the gorgeous finish, they're now his second favorite bookshelf speaker after the Dynaudio Special 25. He said the new Paradigms offer a huge value, giving high end brands a run for their money.

That comment got me really excited about them. I can't wait until my dealer gets them. I must audition them.

3. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

I did re-visit the dealer again yesturday...one of the salesman still thinks they have the same driver, so that is still up in the air. I guess we still have to wait for the office release from Paradigm to get the real answer.

4. Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis Second Unit

Michael

5. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

I heard the sigs ( the big boys) saturday. All Mac. equip. Sounded extremely sweet. Was really impressed by the bass output. And, like everyone else who has seen these beauties, the cabinets are magnificent. The center channel is something to behold also. This thing is huge (6 drivers I believe) about 80 or 90 lbs. Bottom line, me likey likey.

6. James Hibbert

Hey guys. What do you want to know about the sigs? I have all the specs. I also posted some specs at the sound and vision forum.

Cheers

7. Frank La Rocca

Anybody know what finishes the new signature series will come in?

8. James Hibbert

They will only be shipping in maple this year with the other finishes to be out sometime next year. The cherry finish is standard with b-eye maple, rosewood and high gloss black are premium finishes which will cost more.