What's new

PARADIGM Reference Setup Queries (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've heard them both enough to say that the Paradigms are a step up from the JBL Studios. I would agree they are better than the Monitor line though.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I, myself have also heard the Paradigm Studios, Monitors and JBL Studios enough to give an opinion: the JBL Studios are better than the Paradigm Monitors, no doubt. Compared to the Paradigm Studios though, the Paradigm Studios are brighter and cleaner, but the JBL Studios have much better low-end response. I actually prefer the sound of the Paradigm Studios, while a friend of mine (who was with me throughout all auditions) prefers the sound of the JBL Studios.

I own JBL Studios and chose them over Paradigm Studios because of value: the sound-quality that the JBL Studios offer at the price I got them at could not be beat by the Paradigm Studios. In terms of price comparisons, I got the sound quality of JBL Studios at a very minimal extra cost over the price of Paradigm Monitors.

http://207.107.210.136/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=22
My DVD Collection

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I feel the Paradigm Studios are a bit too bright for my liking also, and after a lengthy audition, I did not go with them. I spent less than the Studios and got better performance (IMO) going internet direct.

The JBL Studios, when they were being closed out, were definitley the best bang for the buck around.

About the only thing I would own from Paradigm these days would be the Signatures or some used Actives.

Nauman

Agent
the JBl's and Klipsch are retailed at a lower price than the paradigms. if i find little difference i mite go for klipsch Floors &HT setup
coz i think Klipsch are way better lookin than JBl's.jbl needs improvement in the looks department.
klipsch mite go with my taste aswell since ill be using it for movies n Rock music. i guess other traits go well with Jazz kinof music

Nauman

Agent
the new HK 635 is now available, its retailed at $1299 at the HK site

wut upgrades are in the 635 over 630.
ive read on previous posts on the forum tat they were to add autoEQ .
overall is it a value for the buck over 630 ??

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
My recommendation is for the Paradigm Studio setup. Currently I have:

Studio(v3) 40's
Studio(v3) 20's
Studio ADP-470
Pw-2100 Sub

Front Left/Right and bi-amped to 4 of 5 channels from a NAD S250 with the center running off the 5th channel. Rears are powered by a Pioneer 56TXi which also acts as the pre/pro. I find the speakers to very detailed with a large soundstage. Certainly don't think they sound harsh like some do.

As far as receivers go almost any of the big name brands will have no problem with the speakers, as long as you don't drive them hard. You may also want to look into the Pioneer Elite line or even the Pioneer VSX-1014 (similar to 52TX) if they are available.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks