What's new

Paradigm Magne-Shield? (1 Viewer)

Mark Bee

Grip
When purchasing a set of 40's or 100's paradigm speakers, how important is for them to be Magne shield? And, if they are not, how close can the be to the television?

I have always heard speakers should be 8' to 10' apart.

Also, are the new LDC televisions impacted like a tube television by speakers?

cabreau

Second Unit
I don't think LCD TV's are impacted by the magnets, but I wouldn't want to test that theory. Magneshield is good if you are within a foot or two, more than that you are all set.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I've had my unshielded Monitor 11's a foot from my RPTV without any interference.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
I can't figure out why Paradigm just doesn't shield them all like other manufacturers. I bet there are alot of people who purchase them without realizing they aren't magnetically shielded.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Mark,

The VERSION 2 Studio series from Paradigm are available in the magneshield for a few dollars more then unshielded. Also the 100's COULD NOT be purchased with this option. I do not know if the version 3 has that option on the 100's.

For CRT usage, the 100's needed a distance of 18 inches from a CRT monitor, or it would produce color distortion and potential damage to the set.

As far as an LCD display being effected by unshielded speakers, I've read where that is not an issue, but cannot speak from experience.

cabreau

Second Unit
I put my PW-2200 about 2 ft away from my tv and it was still screwing up the picture, I had to move it about 4-5 ft away, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks