What's new

Paradigm Burn-in time (1 Viewer)

Paul Mthr

Auditioning
Hey peeps.

This is my first official post, here on HT forum...however, I have been tracking the forums, here, for almost a year now. I'd like to say that I've acquired a wealth of information helpful in assisting me to evolve my HT.

Recently, I have replaced my old mains and center, with a pair of Paradigm Studio 60s v2 and Studio CC v2. Reading the Paradigm related threads from the past, I already knew that there would be a period of burn-in for the speakers before they would really begin to shine, sonically.

The first thing that I noticed, when the speakers were installed was that the center channel vocals were a bit low, compared to my old Infinity RS Video center (For reference, I was playing U2's Boston Live DVD). In my mind, I knew that that shouldn't bother me, as I anticipate they will sound better further into the burn cycle. (That doesn't mean I wasn't hoping to get my socks blown off upon the first power up!) Needless to say, it's been through about 25 hours of burn now, and I must say that the center and mains are starting to sound better and better.

My question? Well, for you Paradigm owners out there, especially ones with similar setups, I was wondering if you could share some of your "first impression" stories with me. I'd like to get a better focus on what I am to expect in the near future.

Currently, I have the mains and the center bi-wired.

Again thanks.

Paul

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
the break-in time for paradigm in my experience is a bit longer than 25hrs - something like 70hrs or more. the sound becomes much smoother and clearer, the sound stage will open up and you can confirm this by bringing your speaker to your dealer and compare it with the new out-of-the box unit.

for your center channel not playing loud enough, did you recalibrate your system? the sensitivity of these speakers might not be the same with the one they replaced.

Darrell_L

Auditioning
I agree with Ariel on this one. More burn-in time is required. As you get closer to 70hrs it should open up even more. One question however, and this may sound silly. Were you eating while listing to this U2 live in Boston dvd ? I had a friend who was always eating while listening to music and dvd's and he said things sounded muffled. Once he stopped eating, the sound opened up for him. His name was Paul as well, funny coincidence huh? hope this helps..l8r :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks