What's new

Panny RP-91K and Denon 2800 Showdown (1 Viewer)

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
By the way, I just want to mention that my black model of the RP-91 did not have that left shift problem that I heard about the champagne version.
Trev-
Sorry I didn't answer your previous question. I didn't follow this thread for awhile. I wrote a brief response in the 3802 thread.
------------------
Sound InSight Audio Video
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
Would that be the 16x9 centering left shift problem or the 4:3 image shifted left problem?
On my black RP91 I had to move my 16x9 image a few clicks to the right and it seems with the 4:3 mode it overscans the left side by 2%.
------------------

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I have an RP-91K on order and would like clarification on the Time Remaining Display. I like to press a single button and have the display pop up with Time Remaining and the audio mode. Does the 91 at least show the time in play and audio mode with a single press of a button? If it does not show time remaining this would be better than nothing but do you have to scroll through several menu's to get even that simple information??

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Hi guys... Sorry but I guess I've been living under a rock lately :).
I'm another local yokel lucky enough to check out the comparisons at Michael Lee's house. His 65" Toshiba was great in its prior location, but now seating is at the proper distance and looks beautiful.
The A/B comparisons of non anamorphic material was quite impressive. I felt the RP-91 was sharper, darker and easier to watch than the Denon. As Michael mentioned, this is a great player for myself because I have a progressive RPTV coupled with an interlaced combi player. About 25% of my 200 DVDs are non anamorphic so I should see a large improvement there, plus the DVD audio benefit is huge as well.
The reds displayed by the RP-91 were very pleasing and jaggies were very minimal, if there at all. I thought the reds on the Denon had an orange hue to them. Don't know if that is bad, I just preferred the deeper reds.
Anyway, I picked up a RP-91 from Michael last night and I hope to sample it this evening on my Pro-610. A big thank you to Michael for helping his fellow HTF'ers out! I'll return with my thoughts on this player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks