What's new

Panasonic Gaoo, I want to perform "vertical squeeze" can the set do it? (1 Viewer)

Also, I would like to disable red push if possible. I tweaked the set last night, it's my parents. Used AVIA. First thing I noticed was that "picture" was way too high, the pattern with vertical bars had quite a bend, the one pattern that tests the tv's power suply. So I adjusted the picture setting until it was just before the vertical bars started to bend. Black level needed adjustment, was way too low...Now the next thing, color, I adjust the color using the blue bars pattern but noticed that I ended up in the low 50's . This seemed high as after removing the blue filter from my eyes, the color red was way too bright...blooming. So I cheked the color decoder and sure it was well over 20% oversaturated. Funny thing is it looks way better at the default settings, I love the colors on the GAOO, in my opinion they are mutch more realistic then my 27 inch WEGA has.

Only two models of GAOO TVs do vertical squeeze is CT-32XF55 and 56. I doubt your parent have those since they costed about 50% more than non-progressive models. On all other models you can do squeeze through service menu by adjusting picture height.
------------------
Andriy Zolotoiy
My HT: http://members.home.net/azolotoiy

Wow you must be psychic dude , my parents don't have that model of the GAOO. However I would still like to know if "red push" can be disabled. The model of my parents tv is 32xf23c. How can I perform the vertical squeeze by adjusting the picture height? what is the exact parameter?
[Edited last by John David Rage on July 26, 2001 at 08:28 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks