Panasonic DVDRP-56 Progressive Scan... Any Opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex_Santos, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Today I picked up the rp-56 from best buy. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this model (or any other panasonic DVD player for that matter) and could give me any feedback on how they truly perform. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Hi, I see that you are new here. Use the search option in the forum for RP56 and you should get lots of links with information.

3. Larry Rasmussen

Hi, I have had a 56 for about 3 mos. Satisfied overall, and as mentioned above the search option will get you many descriptions of performance in a variety of situations. I do have an issue though. Breakup into blocks of portions of the picture, independent of color or amount of
    info (actions vs. scenery). I rent all of
    my movies and assume some of this is poor tolerence to wear on rental discs. Happens about one out of 10 rentals, have to forward through a section until it settles down.
    Happens with progressive in or out. My old
    entry level Sony played hundreds of discs for me without a problem. I am wishing I bought one of the other new progressives.