What's new

Panasonic DVDRP-56 Progressive Scan... Any Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
Today I picked up the rp-56 from best buy. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this model (or any other panasonic DVD player for that matter) and could give me any feedback on how they truly perform. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Hi, I see that you are new here. Use the search option in the forum for RP56 and you should get lots of links with information.

Hi, I have had a 56 for about 3 mos. Satisfied overall, and as mentioned above the search option will get you many descriptions of performance in a variety of situations. I do have an issue though. Breakup into blocks of portions of the picture, independent of color or amount of
info (actions vs. scenery). I rent all of
my movies and assume some of this is poor tolerence to wear on rental discs. Happens about one out of 10 rentals, have to forward through a section until it settles down.
Happens with progressive in or out. My old
entry level Sony played hundreds of discs for me without a problem. I am wishing I bought one of the other new progressives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks