Panasonic DVD-RV31K questions.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Second Unit

Will this model play homemade VCD ? and will it play the Disc that was recorded in Pal ?

2. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I don't know about the PAL issue, but last weekend I made a VCD of three South Park episodes that I had downloaded and it worked great on my RV31K. I've never made a VCD disc before, but I was impressed at how good the quality was considering I was using DivX compressed MPG files (decompressed and converted to VCD with Nero).

3. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Nick,
    I'm pretty sure that it will accept a PAL VCD. DVD players are less picky about VCD formats (i.e. NTSC or PAL).

4. Andriy Zolotoiy

Since first days of DVD players they all played PAL VCDs. I have quite a few Russian movies on VCD and all of them look just fine on NTSC TVs.
    ------------------
    Andriy Zolotoiy
    My HT: http://members.home.net/azolotoiy

5. Nick

Nick Second Unit

Two of my friends has Phillips and the other has Phillips/Magnovox DVDs. Both players will play Home made VCD and american VCD (I bought it when DVD first came out since there's on 20 titles on the market then). But, will play PAL VCD but the picture was distorded and unwatchable.
    That's the reason why I'm questioning if anybody ever try VCD disc other than NTSC.

6. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Nick,
    What do you mean distorted? What kind of picture issues do you have when you play a PAL VCD? I have watched a whole bunch of PAL VCDs and they play fine.
    ~Donovan

7. Nick

Nick Second Unit

You know when you try to watch the premium channel on your TV that you're subscribing to. That's what it looks like. It plays fine on my DVD.