What's new

Panasonic DVD-RV31K questions. (1 Viewer)

Nick

Second Unit
Will this model play homemade VCD ? and will it play the Disc that was recorded in Pal ?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I don't know about the PAL issue, but last weekend I made a VCD of three South Park episodes that I had downloaded and it worked great on my RV31K. I've never made a VCD disc before, but I was impressed at how good the quality was considering I was using DivX compressed MPG files (decompressed and converted to VCD with Nero).

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
I'm pretty sure that it will accept a PAL VCD. DVD players are less picky about VCD formats (i.e. NTSC or PAL).

Nick

Second Unit
Two of my friends has Phillips and the other has Phillips/Magnovox DVDs. Both players will play Home made VCD and american VCD (I bought it when DVD first came out since there's on 20 titles on the market then). But, will play PAL VCD but the picture was distorded and unwatchable.
That's the reason why I'm questioning if anybody ever try VCD disc other than NTSC.

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
What do you mean distorted? What kind of picture issues do you have when you play a PAL VCD? I have watched a whole bunch of PAL VCDs and they play fine.
~Donovan

Nick

Second Unit
You know when you try to watch the premium channel on your TV that you're subscribing to. That's what it looks like. It plays fine on my DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks