What's new

Panasonic CT-34W50 (Direct View) (1 Viewer)

Aron

Grip
I'm using this TV as my computer monitor and it also gets alot of PS2 action...so there's quite a bit of still pictures on the TV for times. My question is will it burn a still picture on to the TV screen, or will I damage the Television in anyway by display stills for a long time. Are there any ways to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Turn down the contrast to about a quarter of the maximum (for direct view) and you should not have any problem with playing video games.
On some TV sets the range of the contrast is not even from minimum to maximum on the adjusting acale. I would like to say contrast set to one quarter as in, those parts of the picture that are white ended up as one quarter the brightness achievable. In this context the maximum brightness achievable usually occurs before the maximum on the scale, cannot be determined easily by viewing normal video material, and is the point of blooming as determined by AVIA or Video Essential. Also the minimum, screen nearly dark, may occur prior to the minimum on the scale.
For normal video and letterbox movies, half of the maximum contrast should be safe for direct view TV.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks