What's new
World Wide Stereo

Panasonic BD55 won't play Starship Troopers (1 Viewer)

Brandon McB

Auditioning
My dad recently moved into the wonderful world of hi-def. He bought a
Panasonic DMP-BD55 (I think thats the full model # anyway). Since he doesn't have any BDs yet hes been using my collection (I should be charging a subscription fee). Anyway, the player hasn't had any problems other than the fact that it won't play "Starship Troopers." When he puts the disc in the player, the red "load bar" comes up and very slowly moves to the right, but freezes before it finishes and eventually gives an error message (I have seen it myself actually.) I checked the disk and, as suspected because its brand new, it is pristine. So, I decided to try it on my PS3. It loads up quickly and without error. I checked the firmware updates on his player and he has the latest update. He hasn't had any problems with any other disks (DVD or BD), just this one. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks,
B

728x90

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I think I've read that the BD35/55 have to have an SD card installed to play that disc (and a few others).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks