What's new

Packers vs. Bears (MNF) (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Well, as a Packer fan, I never tire of seeing Brett Favre pick apart the Bear defense. :)
However, last night was different. It meant a lot more because the Bears are not getting the lucky wins like they did last year. They continue to show that they are a very mediocre team with a great group of Linebackers. Working and living in Chicago, I deal with so many Bear fans that have this fantasy that the Bears are a great team and everytime they lose, it brings a smile to my face. :)
What makes it even better is that they did not even make an attempt at Bledsoe. Jim Miller is a back-up at best. Chandler, the fragile one, is a much better QB than Miller, but he is the back-up. Seeing Bledsoe shred the Bear D last week was also very sweet, especially since he is my Fantasy QB. :)
Now the Packers are impressive on offense, but their defense has me worried. They were not playing well healthy and now they are really banged up. I am not expecting them to win in New England next week, but I just hope they can keep it close.
Just think Bear fans, if the Lions win this week they'll be tied for 2nd place with you. :D
-Dean-

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Good game but I am still worried about playcalling. It seems like if Green Bay gets a 10 point lead, they try to run the clock out no matter how much time is left in the game. It was pretty obvious last night that Chicago had no answer for Favre and he was tearing them apart. Instead of sticking with that formula, Sherman starts calling draw plays and screen passes, which get killed because Urlacher is a g**damn freak of a linebacker. They did continue to take a few shots downfield but it seemed like they tried to kill the clock more than they should have and Green Bay did get sloppy in the second half. It seems like this team doesn't play all that well with a lead.

Bruce

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Given the great rivalry that is the Bears vs. the Packers, I was hoping for a better game. Favre was typical Favre, and KGB really abused Jim Miller on two consecutive plays. The Bears had their moments, but they were outclassed last night.

I am not about to make any excuses for the Bears, but I wonder if playing "home" games in Champaign is a downer for them. Psychologically, the Bears might feel as though they have 16 road games this year.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
They made a good point on the radio this morning. We Packer fans here in SE Wisconsin have the luxury of listening to Chicago sports radio stations after we win a game. It's like icing on the cake! I just smile driving to work listening to them make excuses for "Da Bears".

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
The rivalry seems to go in streaks. The Bears owned the Packers in the 80's under Da Coach, but lately the Bears haven't even been competitive.
I absolutely hate it when the Bears' coaches and players are asked why they think Green Bay had had such success against the Bears in recent years, and without exception they start singing Favre's praises, saying, "just look at #4 -- he's a Hall of Famer." Newsflash: it's not (just) Favre; there must be other more important factors. Favre hasn't won 15 out of the last 17 games against other NFL teams, just the Bears. Favre and Green Bay are not kicking everybody else's ass, just the Bears.
I think Green Bay takes the rivalry more seriously than the Bears do. But of course the Bears can't admit to that. They take the easy way out and give Favre all the credit.
(I do think Favre does deserve tons of praise--after all, there will be no other Green Bay player in his era to go to the Hall of Fame. Aikman had Irvin and Smith, Montana had Rice, etc., whereas Favre has had an average supporting cast at best. My point is that this dominance that Green Bay has over the Bears cannot be attributed to Favre, since his winning percentage is much lower against the rest of the league.)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Greenbay's defense had a lot of hurt people, yet the Bears did not take advantage of it. Shame on them.

While I am a very old-fashioned person in terms of offense (running game, please!), I am agreeing with the criticism that the Bears need to develop a passing game in order to be competitive.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Way off topic, but did you hear the trivia question they posed on MNF: in which stadium have the most NFL games been played?

Answer: Wrigley Field

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks