What's new

Owners of WESTWORLD DVD... (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
... I had this DVD a year ot two ago, but I sold it because at the time I was seeing an audio/video sync problem with it with my Pioneer player. If you own this disc, could you PLEASE put it in your player and watch the scene where the scientists ar sitting around a table and discussing the recent robot breakdowns? The words should match the lips perfectly, as they did on my old LD copy. The audio lagged the video a fraction of a second on my old DVD. I thought I had a bad disc, but the audio seemed fine on a Panasonic player. You could see the delay on Pioneer and Toshiba players. I currently have a Sony player.
Thanks
Jim

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The only defect I found on my disc is that the package says it's anamorphic when it isn't. (A minor drawback...the movie needs an SE since TCM has shown several "shorts" on the film like a making-of featurette. A commentary by the director/writer would be nice, too.)

I don't see any audio sync problems on this disc at all. This is on my computer's DVD drive using PowerDVD 3.0.
And yes, the picture *is* anamorphic, at least on the version I have.
Aaron

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Mine's OK...This is one terrific film...I'd like to see the disc re-done with a sparkling transfer and a featurette or two...
Doubt it will happen, though. This is a deep catalog title, and I'm surprised it's even out on DVD

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Y'all are whiners in my book!
wink.gif

I had the old MGM WS LD which was so washed out that it was literally unwatcheable. My three first DVD purchases were that, They Live and Prince of Darkness. And I got Richard Benjamin to sign my copy!
It looks good in my book. Now where's Futureworld?

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
~ Future World is frequently played right here through that old Past World LD .
bodymov'n
cool.gif

------------------
[Edited last by Mike Friedrich on November 16, 2001 at 05:32 AM]

Eric Porter

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer 919 player and there is a synch problem with this disc. It is very noticible in a coulple of places. It is the only disc I have had this problem with.

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the responses guys! Yes, the older Pioneer DVD players did have some lip sync issues with this DVD and several others. I was dismayed when the sync issue also showed up on a Toshiba player. The sync was just about right on a Panasonic player (the Pioneer and Panasonic players where in the same system - processor & projector - in a dealer's showroom). Of course, I did these tests a couple of years ago, so maybe my new Sony NS300 won't have this issue with the Westworld DVD that is on its way to me as we speak. I'll let ya'll know :)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Okay, there are apparently two versions of this DVD. My old one was by MGM in a keepcase, and the one I just recieved has a different cover and is by Warner in a snapper. I guess the film rights switched hands. I haven't had a chance to look for the audio sync problem yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks