What's new

Owners of Tosh 56H80, please help with ? (1 Viewer)

I am looking at my very first RPVT projection (I think I have made the agonizing decision between 4:3 and 16:9), so please excuse the question if it is common knowledge. On this TV I noticed at Best Buy, the footers that this TV sits on. Are these levelers? Or just part of the TV? I couldn't tell with the other sets by other mfgs, as they all seemed to be sitting on the external casing of the TV. The reason why I am asking is that I am going to have custom made audio/video cabinets made that will sit on each side of the set, and I would like a level height all the way across.
Thanks!
Eric

CameronS

Supporting Actor
If I understand you correctly, the footers you mentioned are probably those little black pieces that some Best Buys use to tilt a projection screen back so it is closer to your eye level while standing.
Using this technique combined with the TV set to tourch mode are used to combat Joe 6-Pack's fear that projection tv are "not as bright" or inferior to tubes.
------------------
campic07.jpg

Cameron-
I thought the same thing also when I was at the store(I didn't ask any sales associates, they are pretty worthless when it comes to info), anyway, I downloaded a spec sheet from Toshiba.com for the 56h80, and it actually shows the footers also, which are included when the height is determined. I would assume that these are NOT leveling type of footers, but I would like to still confirm that.
Thanks,
Eric

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I think what you are referring to are just your basic everyday casters. They don't offer any levelling function (or locking function for that matter).
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks