Owners of Tosh 56H80, please help with ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Harrison, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Eric Harrison

I am looking at my very first RPVT projection (I think I have made the agonizing decision between 4:3 and 16:9), so please excuse the question if it is common knowledge. On this TV I noticed at Best Buy, the footers that this TV sits on. Are these levelers? Or just part of the TV? I couldn't tell with the other sets by other mfgs, as they all seemed to be sitting on the external casing of the TV. The reason why I am asking is that I am going to have custom made audio/video cabinets made that will sit on each side of the set, and I would like a level height all the way across.
    Thanks!
    Eric

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

If I understand you correctly, the footers you mentioned are probably those little black pieces that some Best Buys use to tilt a projection screen back so it is closer to your eye level while standing.
    Using this technique combined with the TV set to tourch mode are used to combat Joe 6-Pack's fear that projection tv are "not as bright" or inferior to tubes.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

3. Eric Harrison

Cameron-
    I thought the same thing also when I was at the store(I didn't ask any sales associates, they are pretty worthless when it comes to info), anyway, I downloaded a spec sheet from Toshiba.com for the 56h80, and it actually shows the footers also, which are included when the height is determined. I would assume that these are NOT leveling type of footers, but I would like to still confirm that.
    Thanks,
    Eric

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I think what you are referring to are just your basic everyday casters. They don't offer any levelling function (or locking function for that matter).
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics