What's new

Overscan settings: Can this be done? (1 Viewer)

Is it possible to set overscan independantly per input on a wega kv32fv300? If I set overscan with avia using video 4 on the set, it affects all inputs. I would like to set overscan independantly for video 2 for a PS2 that is causing underscan. Somebody please tell me this can be done and how to do it. And yes, I have gone through the aspect ration options on the game consol itself. This is not helping. It is not a ratio problem. I can tell the only way to get rid of the lines is going to be adjusting the the overscan. I really don't want to change the settings affecting the DVD input. Thanks everyone!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I have the same problem. If I set the DVD near perfect in the service menu, the Gamecube does not use the full screen. So when I stretch the Gamecube it causes the DVD to stretch too far. I just accepted that this was the best I could possibly do. At first, I thought it might be possible to independently set the values for each input as, when in the service menu, it says what input you are on. But it appears to changes every input. Sorry.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Game systems like PS2 intensionally have games underscanned ... aka window boxed.

This means less programming and an image that will fit most everyone's TV without overscan cutting off some part of the image.

Regards

So basically what your telling me is that because my Wega actually does not have some enormous amount of overscan(5%), like many cheaper tv's (with overscan of about 7-10%) like a teenagers old handme down tv per say a playstation would be in theory hooked up to, therefore, I am seeing (no pun intended) where the playstation cut corners in the pixel info/enginearing the games. Someone else here suggested this to some extent as well.Well, I guess, i will have to live with it, because my DVD picture takes the front burner while the PS2 takes the side stage. Bummer though!:thumbsdown:

Oh by the way, the term window box You used, it would lead me to believe that i should have 2 lines on the side if they are indeed supposed to be borders correct? Then why do I only have a black border on the left side and a small one on the top, My HPOS on the wega, according to the avia disc is dead on. Thanks again. By the way, what size is your TV Ryan?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The PS2 game window is often not centered properly as well.

Yet another of those little issues.

Regards

John-Miles

Screenwriter
yet another example of why SONY is evil... :D just kidding. i must say this problem really bothers me as well, i ahve to set about 7% overscan to keep my PS2 image good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks