What's new

Outlaw Audio Trade In Program for 1050 Owners...Its Smokin! (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys.

I just got my monthly update email from Outlaw Audio. They have now stopped shipping the 1050 receiver.

The great news is that if you are a current 1050 owner you can trade it in towards a 950 / amp combo and get a $300 credit. This deal is great!!

Here is a link to the entire email with all the details:

Outlaw News Letter

Best wishes and happy viewing!

Gregg

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hi Gregg,

Totally unrelated to this thread: I checked out your HT via the "The Sonodome" link. Awesome stuff, man!!!

That 24" sonotube is outrageous. Ironically, you've got a pic of the Shuttle lifting off...bet your walls "breathe" on that one. :emoji_thumbsup:

The question: Does that rack of QSC amps power all your speakers? (L/C/R/Sur) How is that working out for you? How are they hooked up to your pre/pro? With 1/4" to RCA adaptors? Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi

The 24 " tube was designed by Tom at SV Subwoofers, it really rocked the house. Once I became a Atlantic Technology dealer, I sold off the sonotubes and now have 2 15" AT subs in my system.

The QSC amps power all the speakers (7.1) except for the sub woofers which have built in amps. The largest QSC amp is no longer in rack. And yes they are connected via RCA to 1/4 " adaptors.

Also, because I am an AT dealer (well actually a consultant for AT) I have 2 of the AT processors in my home and not the Outlaw Audio 950. You will find that the AT piece (retail 1699) and the Outlaw 950 (price 799) perform very similarly.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Gregg. My curiousity is piqued. :)

Why did you go with the QSC amps over say, the Outlaw 755 or M200 monoblocks?

You're running those QSCs bridged mono, correct? What kinda wattage you feeding those speakers? Must sound awesome! :D

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

I went with the QSC for various reasons...including the outlaws had not released their more powerful amps at the time. The pricing was right for me, and I wanted more power: ie my mains are at 350 wpc.

The QSCs are not run bridged, each channel drives 1 speaker, with no bi amping.

So how about the Outlaw 1050 receiver trade in offer??

Regards

gregg

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Nice offer! Too bad I don't have a 1050 to trade in. If they would lower the price on the 950 to, say, $699, I'd probably take the plunge. I know, I know. At $799 it's a heck of a deal. But what can I say? I'm stingy :D

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Gregg; didn't mean to hijack your thread. :b

I'm gone. Again, very nice setup. :)

jad

Agent
People have been getting over $300. selling them on their own without shipping charges. All you're really doing is avoiding the selling hassle. Outlaw otoh makes a profit on you going separates and also on the 1050 as b-stock.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Last I heard they were planning a step-up model from the 950, but there hasn't been any official news or confirmation of this lately. Rumors about this started last year I think, so it's been a while.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
i remember the rumors of a high end pre/pro being worked on while the 950 was still in pre production.

in their newsletter they refer to a new receiver that they have been working on for sometime.

Rich

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Why does it have to be a combo purchase? It seems to me that Outlaw has a problem moving their amps and everything has to be a combo. Even the 950 B stock prepro has to be purchased as a combo and not as a stand alone unit. I think Outlaw will sell a lot of those 950-Bs if they sell it just as a stand alone unit and make it about a $100-125 cheaper than the new 950.

Jon_Krug

Stunt Coordinator
i'm pretty sure that u can buy a 950 b stock by itself. and i doubt the trade in program is only for a combo.

Jon_Krug

Stunt Coordinator
i just looked at their site, and it appears that what u said may be true. i would call them first to check with them though. their customer service is pretty good.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Interesting that Outlaw leaves themselves without an HT receiver in the marketplace for what could be an extended time period.

Doug

NickSP

Supporting Actor
i'm pretty sure that u can buy a 950 b stock by itself. and i doubt the trade in program is only for a combo.
I did call Outlaw and asked them to sell me the 950-B by itself and the offered me a whopping $50 discount over a brand new one. They said I had to buy a combo to get a higher discount. It is true that they have a very good and very helpful staff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks