Outlaw Audio Trade In Program for 1050 Owners...Its Smokin!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gregg Loewen, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi guys.

I just got my monthly update email from Outlaw Audio. They have now stopped shipping the 1050 receiver.

The great news is that if you are a current 1050 owner you can trade it in towards a 950 / amp combo and get a $300 credit. This deal is great!!

Here is a link to the entire email with all the details:

Outlaw News Letter

Best wishes and happy viewing!

Gregg

2. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    Hi Gregg,

Totally unrelated to this thread: I checked out your HT via the "The Sonodome" link. Awesome stuff, man!!!

That 24" sonotube is outrageous. Ironically, you've got a pic of the Shuttle lifting off...bet your walls "breathe" on that one. [​IMG]

The question: Does that rack of QSC amps power all your speakers? (L/C/R/Sur) How is that working out for you? How are they hooked up to your pre/pro? With 1/4" to RCA adaptors? Thanks!

3. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi

The 24 " tube was designed by Tom at SV Subwoofers, it really rocked the house. Once I became a Atlantic Technology dealer, I sold off the sonotubes and now have 2 15" AT subs in my system.

The QSC amps power all the speakers (7.1) except for the sub woofers which have built in amps. The largest QSC amp is no longer in rack. And yes they are connected via RCA to 1/4 " adaptors.

Also, because I am an AT dealer (well actually a consultant for AT) I have 2 of the AT processors in my home and not the Outlaw Audio 950. You will find that the AT piece (retail 1699) and the Outlaw 950 (price 799) perform very similarly.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

4. MichaelDDD

Mike
    Thanks Gregg. My curiousity is piqued. [​IMG]

Why did you go with the QSC amps over say, the Outlaw 755 or M200 monoblocks?

You're running those QSCs bridged mono, correct? What kinda wattage you feeding those speakers? Must sound awesome! [​IMG]

5. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi

I went with the QSC for various reasons...including the outlaws had not released their more powerful amps at the time. The pricing was right for me, and I wanted more power: ie my mains are at 350 wpc.

The QSCs are not run bridged, each channel drives 1 speaker, with no bi amping.

So how about the Outlaw 1050 receiver trade in offer??

Regards

gregg

6. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Nice offer! Too bad I don't have a 1050 to trade in. If they would lower the price on the 950 to, say, $699, I'd probably take the plunge. I know, I know. At $799 it's a heck of a deal. But what can I say? I'm stingy [​IMG]

7. MichaelDDD

Mike
    Thanks Gregg; didn't mean to hijack your thread. :b

I'm gone. Again, very nice setup. [​IMG]

8. jad

jad Agent

People have been getting over $300. selling them on their own without shipping charges. All you're really doing is avoiding the selling hassle. Outlaw otoh makes a profit on you going separates and also on the 1050 as b-stock.

9. Heath_E

Heath_E Stunt Coordinator

Is Outlaw planning any new pre/proc or receivers?

10. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Last I heard they were planning a step-up model from the 950, but there hasn't been any official news or confirmation of this lately. Rumors about this started last year I think, so it's been a while.

11. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

i remember the rumors of a high end pre/pro being worked on while the 950 was still in pre production.

in their newsletter they refer to a new receiver that they have been working on for sometime.

Rich

12. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

13. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Rich,

The RR-2150 mentioned in the newsletter is a stereo receiver, not an HT receiver.

Cheers,

14. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Why does it have to be a combo purchase? It seems to me that Outlaw has a problem moving their amps and everything has to be a combo. Even the 950 B stock prepro has to be purchased as a combo and not as a stand alone unit. I think Outlaw will sell a lot of those 950-Bs if they sell it just as a stand alone unit and make it about a $100-125 cheaper than the new 950.

15. Jon_Krug

Jon_Krug Stunt Coordinator

i'm pretty sure that u can buy a 950 b stock by itself. and i doubt the trade in program is only for a combo.

16. Jon_Krug

Jon_Krug Stunt Coordinator

i just looked at their site, and it appears that what u said may be true. i would call them first to check with them though. their customer service is pretty good.

17. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Interesting that Outlaw leaves themselves without an HT receiver in the marketplace for what could be an extended time period.

Doug

18. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor