What's new

Outlaw 950 Processor, Who Has Put Their Name on the Waiting List? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Just curious, the sign up list was (as stated) promptly posted at 10 PM.
Want to get a pool going for when it will actually ship??
:)
Gregg
PS: Im on it!!

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I had no problems getting on the list right at 9pm central time. I just hope they use both phone numbers I listed. I think the 950 will ship by the end of this month.

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
I have been keeping an eye on Outlaw for a while now (not as long as some folks here ;) )and while they seem to be getting tons of praise, I just want to see what others have to say about it before I buy.
You can't touch the features at the price point...but until others have actually *touched* one and reported back, I want to keep my options open.
It's tempting to be at the top of the list, but all those delays were caused by something, right?
I'm waiting.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Yea, got my name on at the top of the hour. It was not clear a priori whether they were going to post the signup link on the opening page or the page accessed when entering the hideout. Thus, I kept multiple windows opened and was refreshing both.
Note that the confirmation page shown after entering your contact info states that they'll contact you about ten days before a unit is available to ship, whereas their newsletter states that they'll contact you approximately seven days before we are ready to ship. Hmmm. [Am I overanalyzing this?]
I don't think they'll be shipping the first units this year. A shame because I've got a small window left where I'll order this, as new speakers and amps are heading my way. Thus, I can't wait much longer for a controller; I have only an old Pro Logic receiver now. Probably go for the new Anthem as plan B.
Doug

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Ah disappointing. I guess we had network problems and couldn't get onto the Outlaw site until 730pm pacific time. I'm probably number 1000. :frowning:
Anyhow, no bets. If I had to guess, I would hope to have one during the second week of January. Early "listers" maybe last week of December.

John Cain

Second Unit
Hi Doug. I'm also looking at the AVM-20 just like you.

I hope to audition both pre/pros in my home, then decide.

I'll bet we don't get our 950's until mid-late January.

The Beta testers will likely be the only ones who have one this year.

-- John

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I am also on the list. Fill out the form at about maybe 2 mintues after 10 PM EST. But I doubt that Outlaw will be able to deliver the 950 before the end of this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed however.

Despite the early high anticipation for the 950, I think Outlaw has missed the boat BIG TIME by not having the 950 ready for Christmas. As a regular visitor of the forum, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people get into hifi/HT or upgrade their gear at this time of the year. Therefore, I don't think anyone who sign up tonight is going to have a problem getting a 950 should they decide to wait for the Outlaws to release it. My guess is that Outlaw is going to use this reservation list to determine when and how many units they will order for their second batch of 950 from their OEM.

Anyhow, still looking forward to the release of the 950. Just hope I am high enough on the list so I'll get the call sooner.

J

John Morris

I'm on the list...

Thomas: The button is right at the bottom left of their home page. It looks like a small banner ad.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I'm on the list too...got in right at 10:00pm eastern. I just upgraded speakers (Paradigm Reference 40's, 20's and a CC) and also just got an Anthem MCA 5 just waiting for the Outlaw. My receiver doesn't have pre-outs either, so I'm stuck without a processor.

However, unlike the rest of you, I can't get an Anthem AVM 20 because I just can't afford it. The Outlaw is the only thing on the market with it's features that I can afford right now. I figure if I don't like it, I'll just send it back, enjoy my speakers for a few months, break them in, then put the amp to work with another processor.

I had to give Outlaw the benefit of the doubt here. I'm putting my faith in those guys. I'm expecting a first class product.

I do admit they got clever putting the link at the bottom of the page. I can see how people missed it. It's almost like they wanted you to search for it.

We'll only have to sit back and see how things turn out from here.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I put my name on the list, as well. I don't mind if there is a bit of a wait; it seems like it's been a long time now since it was first announced, so a little longer can't hurt if it means getting it right.

DJ

TomH

Second Unit
I am also on the list. I do like to see a product on the market and reviewed before purchasing but their 30 day satisfaction guarantee should be insurance against a major disappointment.

Tom

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Just filled out the form.
Unlike many of you I'm not on the hurry,January is just fine with me even february.;)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Joining the frenzy is tempting, but another kid in college and the holidays are draining me. So, I'm forced to wait, but this looks like a doable deal with income tax refund money if the reviews substantiate my high expectations of the 950.

Craig Ball

Second Unit
I'm on the list too!!! Just got my rear center channel in the mail, wife asked what that was for, I said you can't get them anymore:b . I also have 200x6 of power just sitting there waiting to take advantage of 6.1;) . I can't wait.
Craig

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Not as many listed here as I thought? Well I put my name on the list but like others I am still up in the air.. I might wait until there are some reviews on the unit... I also might like the Anthem AVM-20 and would like to hear some reviews on that unit as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks