What's new

OTA HDTV Converter (1 Viewer)

efren

Auditioning
How many channels do you get in your area? Is it worth buying it now or wait when more channels are broadcasting HD?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We are only getting WMC-TV in digital right now. They started their digital broadcast with the Olymics opening ceremony. The rest of the stations should be broadcasting by May 1 unless they have filed for an extension with the FCC.

-Robert

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I consider it well worth it.

I get four OTA channels (CBS,ABC,NBC and Fox[480p]) plus HD-HBO and HDnet via DirecTV. PBS, UPN and WB are on the way around here. The receiver + dish + install kit only cost me $550...

When I bought the equipment it was just ABC and CBS + the satelittle stuff, and I still thought it was worth it.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Once you see HDTV in your home you will say it was definately worth it. I paid $1000 for the my first USSB/DTV STB in 1996 so paying $500 for the Sony SATHD100 was quite a deal.

I have DTV so I get HDNET 199 and HBO 509. For OTA I get PBS 2.1, 2.3, CBS 4.1, FOX 7.1 and ABC 10.1 in South Florida.

My wife now hates watching anything that's not on HDTV.

One thing that I found very amusing was that I had to install an outdoor antenna to get OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks