What's new

Original Sin (quick question) (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I just bought Original Sin at Wal*Mart for $9.44. Before I open it, I'd like to make sure it's not edited, or that there's not any unrated version or anything else like that. Let me be honest...I bought the movie for some certain scenes with Angelina Jolie, and, umm, I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything. ;)
The UPC is 27916-86149.
Thanks! :)

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Justin,
Original Sin is available in an Unrated Edition. The UPC number on the back of mine is 27616 87230.
It actually says Unrated Edition across the top of the front cover and it lists a running time of 1 hour and 58 minutes.
Hope this helps, and if you are buying the movie for Angelina, be sure to score the Unrated Edition.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Damn!
Sorry, yes, it helps, just wasn't what I was hoping to hear. :frowning:
And I'm sure wherever I do find the unrated version, it won't be for no $9.44, either... *sigh*

greg_t

Screenwriter
I saw my local Costco had the unrated version for $8.99 last week. I had it in my hand ready to buy but changed my mind. If there's some good Angelina in it, I may have to pick it up.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
There's no Costco near me. I next tried Suncoast. The local one didn't have a copy in stock. Then I tried Borders. Their website (part of Amazon.com) said they carry it for $12.99. I called the local store to see if they had any in stock, which they did, but for $23.99! They said they do not match their website. Finally, I tried Best Buy. Their website said they had it for $9.99. I went through their system to see if the local store had it in stock, which it did. Through the website, I could order it, pay for it, and pick it up from the store, all for that price ($9.99). But I don't have a credit card. I called the store, and they said the shelf price is $22.99. I ended up speaking to a senior-level customer service person, though, who, after I explained the situation, and how anyone with a credit card could get a copy off the shelf for $9.99 if they paid for it online, said she would pricematch it for me, if I brought in a printout from the website showing that was the price. So, I'm printing it out now, and we'll see how this goes! :)

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Wal-Mart version is the R-rated release with no bonus materials at all.

You just get the theatrical version of the film and language options.

The Unrated Version features the unrated cut of the film, audio commentay by the director, animated photo gallery with score, music video, and two trailers(Original Sin & Hart's War).

Chris M

Second Unit
The movie is dull and not too exciting, but it has some great nude Angelina :) Don't expect much more than that, but for that price.. why not!?
Chris.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
It all worked out good. I went to Best Buy and found it on the shelf. I went to the customer service desk, showed them my printouts and explained what was going on. The person there went in the back to confirm it (presumably, to look on their website and see that the printouts I brought were real, and not doctored). After that, we were all set to go with the price match. But when they rang in the DVD to start, it already rung up for $9.99! It was incorrectly marked at $22.99, and whoever told me the price on the phone must have just gone by that. Still, it's good to know that Best Buy will match their own website, even for a difference as big as $22.99->$9.99.

So thanks to all of you for your help. I just wish it would have been easier to tell from the beginning that I wasn't getting the most inclusive version. There's nothing on the Wal*Mart edition's packaging to suggest it's basic. I know in the past I got Pitch Black from Wal*Mart, only to find out (too late) that there was an unrated version available everywhere else. (I realize the difference in Pitch Black versions is minor, but still.) Even thought it was too late for me then, I at least learned to be suspicious of a title at Wal*Mart if it said "Rated Version" on it. But this movie, Original Sin, doesn't say that anywhere on it (other than the standard small-print where it tells you the actual rating, but every movie has that).

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I keep finding great prices on DVDs at WalMart but I'm always suspicious of buying a title there if I even think there may be an unrated version.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Well...since I haven't seen any other version, I can't really tell you what the differences are. :)
All I can say is that if you are a fan on Angelina Jolie, and I don't necessarily mean of her acting abilities ;), you want this movie, and you also want Gia, Foxfire, and possibly Hackers (although there's barely anything there and the other three will suit you just fine, but even without this reason, it's still a movie worth having, IMHO).

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
There is an...

anal sex sequence shown in full along with more explicit sex sequences. There are also more violent extensions not seen in the R-rated version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks