What's new

Options Options Options! (1 Viewer)

PaulWall

Auditioning
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and am looking for some advice from those who have experience and are willing to help me out.

I am searching for a great RPTV LCD or DLP for my living room. The area is very small (16x12)but I have enough room for a 50-55". I have found these 4 for candidates but am very willing to look outside them. Please let me know what you think! I love the way some Sony's look but performance is important. I will be watching DVD's/HDTV sports and X-Box (Halo 2 - my roomate is bit with the bug) Price is a factor but depending on what I miss/get with the additional price/discount.

Sony KDF-55XS955
Samsung HL-P5085W
Mitsubishi WD-52525
Sony KDF-60XBR950 (this seems 2 big?)

Thanks guys and I appreciate your help!

Pauly:)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
if i had to rank it, i'd go with sony lcd first, then samsung dlp second. but both of those tv's are great options and i'm sure you'd be happy with any of them.

the genral rule is two to three times the screen size. so, for a 50" tv, you want to be approximately 100-150" back.

PaulWall

Auditioning
Hey thanks for the quick replies.

I went again to Circuit City/Best Buy and Soundtrack out here in Colorado Springs. I have narrowed it down to RPTV LCD because the salesmen all told me that DLP has a much higher risk of malfunctioning once the mirror's are bumped out of place or something slight happens to them?

Sony 55XS955 is what I am leaning towards and it seems too big! Are there any other T.V.'s out there that can produce this type of picture quality with the same inputs/style? What do you guys think.

PS- Hitachi and Samsung LCD's are also in question.
Paul Wall

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks