What's new

Options besides Rotel 1066 in Canada (1 Viewer)

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
Just sold my Denon AVR3300 receiver and was hoping to upgrade to the Anthem AVM20. Unfortunately finances dictate otherwise. So now I'm thinking of the Rotel 1066 pre/pro. How about the Audio Refinement DSP 2? Are there any other pre/pro's to consider up here in Canada? I have thought about the Denon AVR 3802 since I loved the sound of the 3300. However I have external amps so that would probably be a waste. I would love to upgrade the 2 channel sound from my 3300 and was wondering which pre/pro would offer the most significant improvement in that area?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
What's your budget? There's really little that competes with the rotel that's available right now in its price range.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
That pretty much leaves you with the Rotel or a receiver acting as a pre amp. I will say I'm very impressed with my Rotel and its easily better then the receivers I was using and the Sony TA-E9000ES it replaced.

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
How does it compare with the Denon 3802. Or how about the Audio Refinement Pre2 DSP or Pre5?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard the Audio Refinement but I'm familar with the Denon sound and IMO the Rotel is easily better in 2 channel modes and I have zero issues with it for movies...esp in the 7.1 modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks