What's new

Onkyo tx-sr700 listening mode memory? (1 Viewer)

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoy my Onkyo, but I have a question about the listening mode memory. It is supposed to remember what surround mode you choose for each input source. It seems to work with some of the source/modes, but the problem that I run into is when I switch from say my video 1 set to Dolby Pro Logic II Movie to tuner that I want to be Dolby Pro Logic II Music it doesn't remember. The same is true for the NEO settings. It will remember the non surround dsp modes or the stereo modes. I hope I've made this clear enough.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a good reason that this is happening or is it a flaw? Thanks.

David Cohen

Agent
Are you presetting your preferences in the input set-up menu? For each input you need to go to listening mode set-up in the input set-up menu to preselect the preferred listening mode.

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm looking at what I think you are talking about.

Input Setup: FM

f.Analog/PCM Source
:Surround

Is that what you are talking about? If so it only has a general "Surround" setting. Not specifically Dolby Pro Logic II Music. It will remember the other modes (stereo, all channel stereo, direct....) regardless of input setup setting.

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
Well thanks for answering. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but I like to switch the radio on during commercials and I wondered if there was a way to keep each setting. Mine has to cycle through all the DPL II/NEO 6 modes with one button. I'll just keep it on DPL II music. Seems like they screwed up on the implementation of the mode memory to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks