Onkyo SKW-210 Question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Billy Patterson, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Billy Patterson

Billy Patterson Auditioning

Ive been a long time lurker and I decided to finally register and join in, so I'd first like to say I'm glad to be a part of the board. Now on to the business. Well, I have an Onkyo SKW-100 subwoofer that I blew out (Fight Club...WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too loud). I figured it was time to get a new one anyways, so I went ahead and ordered the SKW-210. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Does it have the same coaxial connection in the back as the 100? I can't find the specs on this anywhere and I'm not a home theater expert so I have no idea. Does anybody here know?

2. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Yes. It's pretty standard for a powered subwoofer. Oh sure, a bargain basement home theater in a box might have a strange proprietary connection, but the Onkyo stuff can be connected with an ordinary patch cord.

3. Billy Patterson

Billy Patterson Auditioning

thanks for easing my mind! I can't wait for it to come (although shipping cost almost as much as the unit itself!)

4. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

If it's in transit, well, there's not much you can do except wait. But if you can cancel the order, you might look into ordering one of the dayton subwoofers (10", $99-$129 plus shipping) from Parts Express instead. Cheap. well made, and capable of 25 Hz.

Sorry if I restirred those nagging doubts....