What's new

onkyo AV Receiver HT-R391 (1 Viewer)

maytun

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
I'm both new to this site and my onkyo receiver or any surround system to be honest. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.My onkyo has a front USB input for the iPod/iPhone and I recently bought a nexus 4. My nexus 4 isn't showing up on the device so I was just wondering if its possible to use this phone or if the onkyo only allows apple devices. I've also read up in a few places quickly going through Google that some people have their devices hooked up to their network and they simply connect their device that way. Is this possible with my model? (On the box it says my model is ht-s3500(b) but the receiver says ht-r391)I've had this sysytem for about a year now and its been great so far but I'd like to know more about it, thanks for the future help.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No your system does not have networking.The front USB only works, directly, with Apple. You have to read your manual to see if it works with Onkyo's Bluetooth USB.

maytun

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Thanks for the help. I was looking for my manual but misplaced it. I'll have to download it

maytun

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Another quick question. if the Bluetooth is compataible, would any USB Bluetooth work or only the onkyo?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Probably just the Onkyo.However, any "Bluetooth music receiver" Will function over any analog input.Belkin(sure there are others) has one with optical out for about $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks