What's new

onkyo ht-s3500 won't output full HD video (1 Viewer)

iElessar

Auditioning
Real Name
Ali
Hello. I just got my Onkyo HT-S3500 (ht-r391 receiver) but there is a problem. It does not show any signal with full HD. I have: PS3 Xbox 360 Wii U Blu-Ray Player All are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI. Sound is output fine and I can hear it just fine. However, video does not show if my devices are set to Full HD 1080p. When I configure my Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii U to 480p, I get video signal. However, when I setup them to output 1080p the screen goes black. As for the blu-player, I can't get any video signal since it runs 1080p by default and I cannot configure it with a lower resolution. Even setting them to 720p results in the same issue. And this is the TV I'm using - http://www.lg.com/za/tvs/lg-47LV3710-led-tv What's the problem here? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.onkyo ht-s3500 won't output full HD

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did you unplug everything from the wall before you started unhooking and replugging HDMI? My guess here is you had all this connected to the TV, then you bought the 3500? If so, unhook all your HDMI, unplug everything from the wall. Wait 15-30 minutes... Hook all your HDMI up... Turn on your AVR. Turn on your "sources" Turn on your TV.

iElessar

Auditioning
Real Name
Ali
True, everything was connected to the TV before I bought this. Unfortunately I wasn't the one doing the installation since I paid for installation and delivery. I'm not sure if everything was shut down or not However it's been a while and ill try what you said, and reply. Thanks a lot.

iElessar

Auditioning
Real Name
Ali
Nope, I did pay for delivery. Installation was a free service. I tried what you suggested, still no luck, unfortunately :confused:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is possible your is defective. But 99% of the time it is HDCP/handshake causing the problem. Since you get audio and SD, the HDMI is working(and it is "working" in not giving you HD). Call Onkyo and request a warranty repair...and hope it really is broken. If it isn't broken, you are paying shipping both directions and the bench fee.

iElessar

Auditioning
Real Name
Ali
I guess so. Ah I'm covered lol, guy that was installing the system saw that it wasn't working and requested a replacement unit, should be here tomorrow. I'm not in the US, so stuff is a bit different here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks