What's new

Onkyo 9400 thx 7.1 (1 Viewer)

paratus

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Do you know of any workaround that employs the use of the zone 2 in order to incorporate front highs?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
paratus said:
Can I run the powered zone 2 as the front highs?
With what?

On every AVR...the same two channels are...

6/7
Height
Zone 2

Depending on what you assign them to do in the setup menu.

The 616/626 have what is called "intelligent amp design"(have no idea if the AVR with the 9400 does or not...not looking either).

IAD is the AVR has more speaker terminals than it has channels. So, you could hook up...

6/7, height and Zone 2...and choose between them on the fly(assuming the AVR you pick has this many speaker terminals).

paratus

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I gotta be honest I'm really leaning towards buying the S9400. A4L just emailed me to notify of 1 being available for $599

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The speakers in the 9400 aren't that bad. About on par with Polk Monitor 30's maybe? Better then the other Onkyo systems for sure. The sub's about the same as a PE 12"er. You could do worse for $600 and finding a receiver, seven speakers and a 12" sub for $600 (with a warranty) would be tricky.

cogs4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
Len
I've owned this system for a year now. I'm not a big audio expert by any means, but I will say that I love this system. The sound fills my 12' x 18' room very nicely. It has a ton of features and settings. I was lucky to get the system new for $599. If you're on a budget and looking for a top of line HTIB then I highly recommend the Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1.

cogs4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
Len
I got it on Newegg, however I've noticed it's out of stock. Amazon usually has comparable pricing but I see that it's going for $999 right now. I'd wait and keep checking. The price seems to fluctuate often. If you see it for $5-799, I'd grab it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks