What's new

"One Step Beyond" (Season 2-3) when, who ? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
It has been 5-years past that the Official Season 1 of "One Step Beyond" has been released.

CBS/Paramount at that time dropped the ball rather than pushed out the last two seasons like they did for lesser titles or other studios have distributed obscure shows.

In more recent times Sony has been offering complete shows on the "stack spindle case" packs for what I consider dirt cheap without sacrificing transfer quality. Why can't CBS/Paramount do the same to get these shows they left hanging completed? I mean even a popular show like "The Beverly Hillbillies" they never completed out right. There was a 4-year gap between season 3 and 4?

If they never release it then what is the next best thing to get the most episodes in the best quality out there? Or any talk of anyone else picking this up like Shout or Echo Bridge?

Thanks!
Eric

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
VEI could do it also or CBS themselves as MOD, I don't understand their policy either for these stalled shows. It may not be purely due to sales numbers alone, they weren't even remastered/HD transferred yet so not on any schedule anyway. But they may be all done now, they definitely deserve to be released and seen again.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Someone needs to check in on this. I think is was a "personal" decision at CBS rather than sales because there was a management shakeup then?

Maybe they can readdress it again since TV series are big business right now.

Any idea what would be the next best option to tie one over until official releases come out?

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Season Two of ONE STEP BEYOND is when the series really hit its stride -- many superb episodes, including "The Hand" and "The Inheritance" and "The Clown."

Paramount's Season One release featured sparkling transfers. Here's hoping somebody (Paramount? Shout? MOD?) gets the other two seasons released.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
PianoPlayer said:
Season Two of ONE STEP BEYOND is when the series really hit its stride -- many superb episodes, including "The Hand" and "The Inheritance" and "The Clown."

Paramount's Season One release featured sparkling transfers. Here's hoping somebody (Paramount? Shout? MOD?) gets the other two seasons released.
"The Clown" scared the heck out of my cousin and me. We still talk about it nearly 50 years later.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
With the large amount of public domain episodes, it's unlikely the studio will do anything. Maybe if we're lucky it might turn up on DECADES! or perhaps ME-TV - Even if it's the edited ones with those gawd awful new opening credits!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
DeWilson said:
With the large amount of public domain episodes, it's unlikely the studio will do anything. Maybe if we're lucky it might turn up on DECADES! or perhaps ME-TV - Even if it's the edited ones with those gawd awful new opening credits!

That reminds me of THE ADVENTURES OF RIN TIN TIN which Antenna TV is showing with new opening and closing credits and awful synthesizer replacement music for both credits and during the show itself. Not that the show is great, but seeing it like this doesn't even give it a chance.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Professor Echo said:
That reminds me of THE ADVENTURES OF RIN TIN TIN which Antenna TV is showing with new opening and closing credits and awful synthesizer replacement music for both credits and during the show itself. Not that the show is great, but seeing it like this doesn't even give it a chance.

These are actually the COLORIZED version with the color removed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks