What's new

"Once Were Warriors" ---> "Attack of the Clones" actor? (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Forgive me for making this a thread on its own, but I dipped my toes into the Star Wars thread and was a bit freaked by a few things. My question wouldn't even be necessary if I could wait a few days when I see Clones for myself, but I'm dying of curiousity.
For anyone who's seen AOTC, (without any spoilers, if at all possible, please), how big a part does the character Jango Fett have?
I ask because I just saw the incredible film Once Were Warriors and was so impressed by the lead actor, Temuera Morrison, that I looked him up on IMDB and was shocked to see him listed in the credits for AOTC.
I had heard of Once Were Warriors but hadn't seen it. My Tivo recorded it for me as a "Tivo Suggestion" and I am SO glad! This is a brutal, searing, heartbreaking film about a New Zealand Maori family and how the oldest 3 children cope with living with an abusive father, played by Morrison, and their passive-aggressive mother, played by Rena Owen. The oldest son joins a frightening street gang, the middle son begins to embrace his Maori heritage, and the sensitive 13-yr old daughter Grace, played by the beautiful Mamaengaroa Kerr-Bell, escapes by writing in her journal. There's so much more to it than that, but I'm not good at reviews, which is why I never write any. I will say that this movie left me stunned and emotionally drained. It's a very powerful film. Highly recommended for those who can handle bleak, violent and depressing, but ultimately hopeful, films.
Temuera Morrison's character makes the father in Nil By Mouth (played by the equally incredible Ray Winstone) look like Mr. Rogers. Wow. So, now I have to see everything this actor has done (which includes not a few dogs, unfortunately).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Vickie
I too was blown away by Once Were Warriors and Temuera'a performance, along with everything else about that excellent, powerful film. highly recommended. :emoji_thumbsup:
He is a very versatile actor, also in Speed 2 (!:)) and Vertical Limit among others.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I saw 'Once Were Warriors' back in '95 and was awestruck by how powerful this film is. Never has a foreign film had such an impact on me.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Once Were Warriors is available on Region 1 DVD as a Canadian import from Seville Entertainment.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Also, Rena Owen who plays Jake "The Muss"'s wife in the film, voices a CG character in Attack of the Clones.

Bill, does that DVD look any good?

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
For anyone who's seen AOTC, (without any spoilers, if at all possible, please), how big a part does the character Jango Fett have?
Well not to go into much detail, Jango Fett has an important role (As most already know) but it is not a very big role, he is about 20 minutes of the film total. And most of that was not in the battle suit.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the comments, especially the information about the DVD and Rena Owen, I'll be listening for her voice.
Well not to go into much detail, Jango Fett has an important role (As most already know) but it is not a very big role, he is about 20 minutes of the film total. And most of that was not in the battle suit.
Thanks! I'll quit worrying that he's a minor character hidden by a mask. About your comment, "as most already know," how could most people know when the movie hasn't come out yet? I only know of Boba Fett (who was hidden by a mask), and when I saw the name Jango Fett I assumed that he was the Bobe's pa, but I was just wondering how big a role it was. I guess it's a small but important one, cool! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.