What's new

On Location With The SOPRANOS Again...With Season 4 Tidbits. (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A friend of mine who works on The Sopranos kindly invited me down to watch the filming of Episode 7, which occurred yesterday at the Garden State
Plaza shopping mall in Paramus, New Jersey.
I visited the set last year when they were filming in my town and was happy to get another call.
I met James Gandolfini, who plays Tony Soprano, and is very cool and likeable in person, much gentler than he is portryed on the show. At one point a member of the crew handed him her baby and he cuddled, kissed and coo'ed the toddler for the cameras.:)
It's amzing the amount of work and coordination that is required to shoot in a busy mall and I was very impressed with the crew and how they handled everything and everybody. The general public was roped off but I was fortunate to be able to hang out in the "inner circle" if you will. Very cool.
So I asked my friend for a few tidbits about the upcoming season and he offered a few which may be considered spoilers. Read at your own risk::)

A few of the things I learned are:
1. Gloria comes back for a few episodes, including the finale.
2. Steve Buscemi will be directing another episode.
3. Someone gets decapitated
4. Many of last seasons unresolved plot lines stay that way such as Dr. Melfi's rape for instance.
And lastly...
5. A major character DIES in the tenth episode!

He said that the writing this season is as good, if not better, than last season and that the fifth season will indeed be the last. Filming continues through June and the fouth season premiere will be in September.
Now 'scuse me while I goes and makes a gabagool sangwhich.:D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The other thread reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention which is I also asked my friend about Robert Iler, who plays Anthony Jr. on he show and has had some real life run ins with the law. He said his case is still pending, however he has been working on season 4 as planned with no problems whatsoever.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the report, Tino!
I caved in and read the spoilers...looks like some interesting things to look foward to. One of the spoilers you mentioned, however, I was expecting:
"4. Many of last seasons unresolved plot lines stay that way such as Dr. Melfi's rape for instance."
Unfortunately, I had a hunch this was going to happen. Stuff like this happens everyday in the world, and the rapists never get caught. Guess they're keeping the show even more realistic.
But I was so wishing to see Tony and the crew pay a visit to the rapist!:)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Actually, HBO is up to the 3rd season opener this Sunday on the 'rerun' Sundays.

So now I gets to see the couple I missed...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks