What's new

old vendersteen 2c (1 Viewer)

Stephen<W

Auditioning
Hi there,

I'm building out a new audio setup from scratch. I have a denon 2106 receiver, and am looking at speakers. I have had on old pair of vandersteen 2c speakers in storage for he last 10 years. In my mispent youth I blew them on a faulty Carver tube amp and have not had the means to get them repaired--then moved to Europe for a decade and stored hem). Now Im in Boston. Vandersteen does not have a local certified repair facility (I would have to ship them to NYC) and I am left wondering if repairing and refurbing them would be worth the cost. They are, of course, long out of warrenty and two way shipping on these beasts would be costly. (Heh... I also have a couple of busted Perreaux amps (pre and power) with the same problem... its a long way to NZ...).

So, toss the vandersteens and go all new? or should I repair them? Opinions?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If your going to repair them, get them to Richard here in Cali. He could upgrade them for you as well. If you were happy with the Vandy's before, fix them. To me it seems as though your not all that into them. Hence, the long over do repair. Check eBay. Even non-working 2c's are worth some thing to some one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks