What's new

Okay what do I risk buy buying a used video card (1 Viewer)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
I guess my biggest fear is that it has been cooked from overclocking. So seeing it running is probably a must.

Anything else?

[edit]

Aw crap I meant to say by buying....buy buying looks kinda funny

[/edit]

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
what kind of card are you looking at? A lot of the older cards aren't worth to much when you can buy a brand new one for a little more thats likely a lot more powerful.

Richard_s

Second Unit
Did not get a chance to look for you but here are two sites that may help you.
www.resellerratings.com This will give you information on if a company you find to mail order from has a decent reputation.
www.newegg.com I purchase most of my hardware from them they don't ship international but Canada may be a place they ship to. They have very good prices.
www.pricewatch.com This will let you search for the best price on computer hardware. This will give you a good idea on what things are worth. Check out the companies on the site above if you decide to mail order.
Good Luck

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Thats sounds a bit pricey. I just got a 32mb GTS/Pro from ubid for $49 US. They had 64MB GTS?Pro cards going for around $79US.

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
My mistake the Asus v7700 Pro is a Geforce2 Pro...includes the gimmicky 3d glasses. I don't know... I'm not a big fan of purchasing off the net, shipping, etc... makes it a hassle for Canadians, usually.
I got someone lined up to buy my old card for $60 so that makes this card only $80. Or at least that's the way I like to look at it :D . Also VIVO is pretty important to me as I don't have a digital video camera but an analog one so I require that feature and the Asus provides it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks