Okay what do I risk buy buying a used video card

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gordon Moore, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

I guess my biggest fear is that it has been cooked from overclocking. So seeing it running is probably a must.

Anything else?

[edit]

Aw crap I meant to say by buying....buy buying looks kinda funny

[/edit]

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

what kind of card are you looking at? A lot of the older cards aren't worth to much when you can buy a brand new one for a little more thats likely a lot more powerful.

3. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Asus v7700 Pro which I believe is a GTS2

He wants $140 CDN (85-90 USD) for it...sound too high?

4. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

Did not get a chance to look for you but here are two sites that may help you.
    www.resellerratings.com This will give you information on if a company you find to mail order from has a decent reputation.
    www.newegg.com I purchase most of my hardware from them they don't ship international but Canada may be a place they ship to. They have very good prices.
    www.pricewatch.com This will let you search for the best price on computer hardware. This will give you a good idea on what things are worth. Check out the companies on the site above if you decide to mail order.
    Good Luck

5. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Thats sounds a bit pricey. I just got a 32mb GTS/Pro from ubid for $49 US. They had 64MB GTS?Pro cards going for around $79US.

6. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

My mistake the Asus v7700 Pro is a Geforce2 Pro...includes the gimmicky 3d glasses. I don't know... I'm not a big fan of purchasing off the net, shipping, etc... makes it a hassle for Canadians, usually.
    I got someone lined up to buy my old card for $60 so that makes this card only $80. Or at least that's the way I like to look at it [​IMG] . Also VIVO is pretty important to me as I don't have a digital video camera but an analog one so I require that feature and the Asus provides it.