What's new

Okay.. okay.. so I can't make up my damn mind. (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
:D

So I can't make up my mind and keep deciding on spending a little more money. After going back into the dealer, I was going to settle on the Cinema 70's or 90's. But for not a whole lot more money I can move into a much better sounding system in my opinion. Again.. I don't need a subwoofer since I have a pretty good one now.

This is what I'm looking at now. The Paradigm Atom's for my two front speakers, the CC-170 for my center channel, and to help keep the price down the Cinema ADP for my surrounds. I can get this setup for around $550. I've read that Paradigm guarantees all their speakers to timbre match, and I think this setup will make me significantly happier than going with the Cinema series all around. It certainly did sound significantly better to me than the Cinema's all around did.

My problem is that I want to mount these on the wall.... but the ADP relies alot on the sound bouncing off the walls, etc... the wall on the left side is probably 4 times further away from the viewing area than the wall on the right side. It's a good distance over there, do you think maybe I'd be better off just going with the Atom's all the way around?? Are the ADP's that much better even if my room is shaped so weird. It's very narrow and very long.

Chriss M

Second Unit
i'd go with the Atoms for front and rear, especially if you don't have the proper room setup for the ADPs.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
There is a school of thought that di-poles came about during the Pro-Logic days to give a better surround effect but now that movies are actually recorded in 5.1 there is no need for effects of di-poles. Have you listened to both di-pole surrounds and regular direct radiating speakers as surrounds to know if you have a strong preference?

I'd use Atoms for both or maybe get Titans up front if your budget allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks