What's new

Okay, I guess I need a projector.. (1 Viewer)

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to delve into that evil creation known as Ebay the other day and ended up buying a 106" 16:9 motorized screen. So now I should probably buy a projector to go with it. Room length is 15' and light control is good to average depending on the time of day. Viewing would be for DVD, HD and if possible SD but it is not that big a factor. I might hook up the orignial XBOX but again not that big a factor. I have no idea what to look for other than the most common names being discussed here: Infocus 4805, Panasonic AE900U, Sanyo Z4. Budget isn't to high so the 900U and Z4 at around $2300 Cdn is probably too much or I could put the screen in storage for awhile till I save more money.

Any help and direction would be appreciated.

Mike

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You need to decide between a DLP or LCD projector first, then take it from there. Try to view both types in person if possible. What is your budget in US dollars? What will your seating distance be from screen? In my opinion you'll need a 720p projector with that screen size. The rule of thumb is to sit back 1.5X the screen width for a 720p projector. With your screen size(8' wide) that means you should sit back about 12' or farther.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks