What's new

OK Twisters...again : ( (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
Does Southern Indiana (Madison) get hit or have Tornados very often? I was offered a job there and this thread got me to thinking about that area of the country.

KyleS

Ike

Screenwriter
There goes a saying about Oklahoma weather... "Wait around a moment if you don't like it because it will change".
They have that saying everywhere in the south. But as of late, Oklahoma's slogan should be "Wait around a moment if you don't like the weather because if you wait long enough you will be killed by a tornado."

I hate tornadoes. Today they are putting us in the Risk area. They say that if the storms break through the cap we could be screwed. It's like a guessing game. I think they do it partly to make us keep tuning in to the weather. There's no TV on Saturday, might as well run the Weather Game Show. "Will tornadoes break the cap? Stay tuned to Channel 4. We'll keep you four-warned."

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Yikes...

I lived in Norman, OK from 90'-99'. It was a rather
quiet tornado time in that part of Oklahoma. Since I've
left it seems to have become the main tornado target.
Wow!!

I wish you'all luck in avoiding harm and damage. (The
Big Moore tornado in 99' and this year passed about 2
miles north of where I lived all those years.)

Keep your heads down.

Dr. Joe

PhilipW

Second Unit
The tornado's that went through Friday were not as bad as they didn't stay on the ground for extended periods of time. Hopscotched across the northern part of the city. Actually almost took out the local TV stations. They are all within .5 mile of each other and the tornado went right by them. One of the local weather guys that is a self proclaimed tornado expert was on the air when it went was coming but then they all left the studio. A storm chaser was calling in telling them to take shelter but there was no one there for him to talk too. They were still showing the weather room for about 2 minutes with no one on camera. Kinda funny. You could hear the storm chaser "Gary...., Hello...., anyone there?" Then he walks back into view.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks