What's new

Ok..tell me ALL about Nevada... (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
....cause in 2 years I am LEAVING the east coast...hate it here. Right now my first choice is Iowa...been there and it felt like home...but Nevada seems to have a number of advantages taxes wise.

Don't wanna live in the desert..but I am sure there are more woodsy parts of the state. So..what do I need to know?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scooter! Why would we want to help you move the ScooterPalooza further west? :D
Admit it, you won't find such a large concentration of HTFers in Nevada.
Oh, life doesn't revolve around HT? :b
--
Holadem

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Why on earth are you even considering Iowa? I've been trying to get out of this state forever!
...I'll still be here at least another year..:frowning:

Danny R

Supporting Actor
This wouldn't by chance be a subtle attempt to get information about where the money might be found around Push would it? ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I think the Scootplex would fare better in Texas! :)
(We have no state income tax.)
- Steve

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
OMG don't tell me you're considering iowa? when were you there? fall and spring are tollerable, but winter sucks, and summer REALLY sucks (like I can talk living here :D)
if you move to IA I'm going to force you to wear a "pork is my business" bumper sticker on your car at all times.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
slot machines everywhere, I have heard the slots in the Kmarts have the best odds anywhere.
Remember, NO STATE INCOME TAX! Lots retire there from California for that reason

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
What about up north around Tahoe and all that? I heard it is breathtaking country..and so different than Vegas.

As for Iowa...been there dead-O-winter and depth of summer at the state fair..simply feels VERY comfortable to me.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is. The lake is between CA & NV, I always consider it part of CA. Much greener and cooler than the south.
Virginia City is very cool, only city that is registered as a historical landmark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks