What's new

Oh my... (Mid-atlantic snow) (2 Viewers)

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Those Pictures above remind me of when I was young and Lived in Maine...
I was 7 years old and walked over to my friends house down the street on they way back I got my foot stuck in the snow and my boot came off. I tried to dig it out but I couldn't so I walked the rest of the way home with one boot. I got home and rang the doorbell and my dad came to the door. With tears coming down I said "I lost my boot"...
He said "Well just don't stand there and freeze get in here"
My foot was OK, But I love telling that story to my kids.
Boy I miss the snow. We don't get much here in the Willamette valley.
My Step-Mom In Philly says where she is they have over 26".

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Shawn...no snow, but milder temperatures and the rain has moved in. Flood warnings have been posted for the area that are in effect for the duration of the weekend. The pseudo-meltdown begins.

LewB

Screenwriter
Big rain storm predicted for N.Y. this weekend. Throw an inch or 2 of rain on top of a ton of snow and what do you get ?

Quagmire !! :eek: :eek: :eek: Anyone got a roof shovel ?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
The rain is over and for the most part we escaped any serious flood damage. A Toys R Us lost it's roof, but thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Lots of other businesses have structural problems also.

Tons of roof leaks, both residential and commercial. I was getting a haircut when 2 ceiling tiles dropped next to us. The owner said most businesses had minor leaks, some causing serious damage to inventory. Lots of cleanup.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Feb22.html

LewB

Screenwriter
I noticed something that just didn't look right out in the back yard today. I stomped thru the knee high snow to discover that there was so much water weight on my swimming pool cover that the tension from the wire holding down the cover caused the panel with the skimmer to buckle ! I have this funny feeling that I will neeed a new pool this spring.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Spring, pooool, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks