What's new

*** Offiicial "SCOOBY-DOO" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

DaveZ

Grip
If you want to see the trailer, HDNet on DirecTV has the Scooby Doo Trailer in high definition.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Earlier this evening my ex girlfriend called me and laughed at my looking forward to the Powerpuff Girls movie while pointing out that she can't wait to see Scooby Doo. Hence the reason why she's an ex.........:)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I loved Scooby as a kid. However...

The original teaser annoyed me by using the Batman theme music for a Scooby Doo movie. Don't get my hopes up for a new Batman movie, then dash them with Scooby.

The longer trailer left me with mixed emotions. Shaggy was perfect! I'm tempted to see it just for him. But Fred just didn't seem right. Daphne kick-boxing? That didn't fit. Scooby seemed ok; could have been worse.

But mostly, it seems like they are having to stretch things too far to get a two hour movie, especially since the cartoons were less than 30 minutes.

Unless I hear really good things, I'll pass and keep my childhood memories intact.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Saw the trailer in front of Spider-man. Although the cast looks good, The CGI Scooby looks hideous.
Peace Out~:D

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Prinze Jr. relieved himself in Lillard's trailer toilet during one of Lillard's days off, didn't flush and then turned the heat up to make sure the stench would be unbearable when Lillard returned 24 hours later.
And to think that Sarah is wasting her life with this guy when she could be with me instead. ;)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Poor Linda Cardellini - from Freaks and Geeks to this. She should fire her agent.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Matthew Lillard finally did another role he's good for. He really has nailed Shaggy by the trailers, I am VERY impressed

Scooby looks godawful

Notice Freddie has had NOT ONE SINGLE LINE in any of the trailers. He will be terrible as usual, or WORSE

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Although I agree with others by saying the film looks like vomit, Matthew Lillard does seem to have the role of Shaggy right. Like Jeff said.

I don't know if we got the same trailers over here Jeff but there is a couple of Freddie lines in the preview here. "You best get your smack on, smack off, you got that G?" , "Did someone spike you alpo?" and "Whose the ugly old broad?"

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Yeah, thanks Nick, I had those completely blocked from my mind until I read this thread :D
Freddy Prinze Jr. will never have a good movie role unless they ever decide to make a CardboardPersonalityMan: The Movie movie.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I'm not expecting much from the film but I'll see what it's made of next Saturday at 10am in the morning for the sneak preview.

Sidenote : What clown at Warner Brothers decided to have the sneak preview at 10am on a Saturday morning. 1pm or 3pm would have been better.

Oh well. I'm going and it's not costing me anything except sleep. If it sucks Warner will owe me some sleep.

M.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I assume WB knows that the target audience will be kids and pre-teens who are usually up at that hour watching cartoons. In addition, with all the big films rolled out for the summer, the theater that its playing at probably didn't want to give up a regular screening slot.
Matt, my girlfriend is a flight attendant. Let me know if you'd like me to send an ample supply of air sickness bags in advance of the screening. :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Scooby-Doo". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Scooby-Doo" should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Matthew Lillard is proving with every movie he does that he's becoming a very good charactor actor. He's Hollywoods go-to boy for outrageous, wild, and maniacal charactors, he plays them really well. He pretty much single handedly saves every movie he's in! Even '13 Ghosts' as corny as it is, at least he was funny in it. As Shaggy, he looks and sounds fantastic, I wondered how long he had to practice the voice to get it down.

This is my take on 'Scooby Doo', it looks like it's just a silly ride poking fun at the original series, not a movie you should really think about, but just go with. I am very curious to say the least, but I won't be seeing it in theaters, i'll wait for the dvd.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One of the reviews mentions that Scrappy-Doo makes an appearance. As if I needed another reason to avoid this mess. . . .

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
It boggles the mind that so many people that have no interest in the film follow it so closely...

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Since there seems to be few advance reviews, I can assume that has not been a press screening. Please let this movie die quickly and quietly.

I never got into Scooby Doo when I was a kid, although I did like the rip-off series Goober And The Ghost Chasers.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Since there seems to be few advance reviews, I can assume that has not been a press screening. Please let this movie die quickly and quietly.
I attended a screening on Saturday morning and Jason Whyte attended a different one which was also held on Saturday morning. They weren't Press Screenings persay but were for radio winners etc. There was a bunch of media (radio, tv etc) at mine.
My review is now up!. Hit Link Removed for the skinny.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
That's why I love Kevin Smith flicks.

Because his DVDs give you (most of) the whole story when they turn up. If Scooby Doo was a Smith effort, not only would it be infinitely better, but we'd get all this material on the DVD so we could enjoy or not as we desired.

I'm not anti-kid, but it gets rather old to see so much entertainment 'toned down' because kids are part of the audience. I think the jokes they're referencing in the Scooby Doo cut stuff are funny, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks