What's new

*** Offiicial "SCOOBY-DOO" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This seems to be the sort of thing easter eggs were made for. You don't advertise them on the package, but if you put them on the disc somewhere, hidden, where kids wouldn't necessarily look for them...

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Variety has its review posted and I'm stunned that they felt the film has some merits...primarily that the animation is well done. :eek:

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
The Associated Press also chimes in with a solid review for the movie...
AP Review @ CNN.com
While commercials for the film used scenes that make the computer-animated Scooby-Doo look a tad featureless, the big old Great Dane generally has far more expression than that, and blends well with the actors.
Who knows.... maybe the movie is decent. At the very least, they should fire the marketing idiot who spliced the trailers together.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yikes, film is going to gross 55 million this weekend, therefore, somebody has gone to see it!

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's an entertaining popcorn flick, and the kids will love it. It's funny, fast paced, and delivers a good enough CGI Scooby that imparts all of the warmth and charm of the original cartoon Scooby. You really can't ask for more from a live-action adaptation of the cartoon.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
At the risk of being strung up and left to rot in the blazing sun, I will say that I officially WANT to see this movie! I've read a few reviews now, and for the most part they've all been positive. Besides i'm already a fan of the cartoons from when I was a kid.
Yes, after reading a few reviews, and seeing more footage from the movie, i'm starting to get a clearer picture of what they were going for with this, and I want to check it out. It looks like fun.
Did you see Ebert and Roeper tonight? They both blasted the movie. Now Roeper I can understand, he never likes anything:), but i'm disappointed with Roger's review. He stated that he has NEVER seen an episode of the cartoons, not one! If that's indeed the case, he wasn't really prepared to review this movie IMO, as he may have not have recognized certain references that Scooby fans would get right away.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I think the new Scooby Doo movie would be cool, but the Mystery Machine isn't right. In the cartoon, they used a Volkswagon type van with the front wheels under the driver and front passenger. Why didn't they fix up a Volkswagon Bus or a Toyota Van (I drive one of these and I love it) and put that in the movie as the Mystery Machine? Either one of these would resemble the van in the cartoon quite well. IMO, the van they got just sucks.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Since I have seen the movie, I will say that it is good popcorn flick. It turned out much better than I expected and Lillard's performance is quite amazing. The CGI scooby actually didn't bother me as much as the trailers did either.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I took my five year old daughter to see the movie this weekend and she absolutely went crazy over this rendition of Scooby. (Although I cringed during the "flatulence" scene, she thought it was laugh-out-loud hilarious!)

Probably the highest compliment that can be given to this movie is the fact that my daughter now believes that these are the characters the cartoon series is based on!

BTW, I thought the CGI Scooby was perfect. He had the same exact mannerisms and expressions as his cartoon counterpart and yet still managed to look "real" most of the time. And, as everybody has already noted, the guy that played Shaggy was stupendous.

This movie is great for kids six and under; is "interesting" for teenagers due to the cast (and the still-included sexual innuendos); and is "passable" for adults that grew up on the original Scooby cartoons.

It's gonna' make a lot of money both in the theaters and when the DVD hits later. (My little girl wanted us to purchase the DVD on the way out of the theater! Heck, I would've accommodated her if I could!)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Velma, in the low cut sweater.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
This movie was hilarious I enjoyed it a lot. Have not seen any of the cartoon series yet and quite enjoyed it. I enjoyed the Scooby a lot, the dog! I think the animation, mannerism and everything was great! I can’t stop thinking about the moment when he says sacrifice, actually “racrifice!” :D
I think Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar were pretty bad, I have no idea if they were faithful to the original or not. I just know I want two other actors to replace them in the next movie. Matthew Lillard and Linda Cardellini were great! With a better story and little more care to the direction and intrigue, it could easily become a classic! Let’s hope that for the next one!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I watched this movie at the drive-in this weekend in a double feature with 'Undercover Brother', and I actually thought it was decent. My expectations were as low as can be, I was waiting on a godawful movie.

I think Freddie was terrible, though. And Daphne was only passable. Velma was very good, and Shaggy was excellent.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys. Am I the first HTFer to see and loathe this movie? Well, believe it or not - I sincerely like it when people enjoy ANY movie...so don't hate me for trashing this movie mercilessly in the Review Thread! ;)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Nope your not the only one Scott, I didn't think it was worthy enough for me to even discuss it. I actually only caught it yesterday. As mild Cartoon Scooby fans my room-mate really liked it and really loathed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks