What's new

*** Official "TWO WEEKS NOTICE" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you've seen the trailer, you've basically seen "Two Week's Notice" starring Sandra Bulloch and Hugh Grant.

While Hugh Grant employs the same delivery with his dialog in just about every movie he's in, that's what the audience wants, so he gives it to them. I suppose you can say the same about Sandra Bulloch's performances. Pair up these two movie stars, and you get a really low energy romantic comedy that just has a lot of small chuckles from mainly Hugh Grant's character's assessment of the current event at hand. There's nothing too magical about any part of the film, and it's just an okay way to spend 90 minutes or so (mainly as a date movie).

I give it a generous 2 stars or a grade of C.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Two Weeks Notice". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.
Crawdaddy

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Have to totally disagree with the above assessment. Wife and I saw this yesterday (new years day) and we haven't laughed as much in a long time. The theater was more than half full (for a 2 PM matinee), and there was lots of laughter. After two weeks, seems this film is having a pretty good word-of-mouth.

Now, admittedly we both like most of Hugh and Sandra's films, but we both thought that this one is genuinely hilarious! Although I liked the performances, I though the script really shined.

My .02

Ruth_F

Stunt Coordinator
The film was ok --- esp. the two leads, but for me the movie lost it's energy when they brought in the redhead for a jealousy factor. Are Hugh and Sandra scheduled to work on another movie also?

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
No plot, no chemistry, no reason for Hugh Grant and Sandra to hook up except, well, they are Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock. I chuckled twice, and I laugh easily.

Not even a good date movie. Too many good movies out there right now to see this on a date just because Hugh Grant is in it.

2/10

Wife and I saw this New Years day as a matinee. Maybe people needed a chuckle to start the new year or TTT was sold out because the theater was full. Whatever the reason was we enjoyed the movie. The plot was predictable but the script had a bit of intelligence to it and we both laughed and enjoyed the movie. It's was exactly was we expected and we went away happy.
I'm giving it :star: :star: :star: out of 5.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Saw this tonight. Big thumbs down :thumbsdown: I am usually pretty generous with movies like this....not expecting much, but there was very little to laugh at or care about. And I really like Sandra Bulloch and Hugh Grant. Had high hopes, then they were dashed.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it, but then I'm a disturbingly huge Sandra Bullock fan.
There were a few problems, story wise. I don't think they put in enough of a foundation for Lucy falling in love with Wade. At the time when the assistant shows up, I kept feeling that Lucy was simply being jealous just because anyone else had Wade's attention. Lucy's office relationships were also bizarre, and made her going away party very confusing. And the entire freeway sequence was a mistake.
That said, there are a few moments in a romantic comedy sense that worked very well. Both leads were charming when they needed to be, and some of their exchanges were well written enough to move the story along enough.
All in all, I'd give it about :star: :star: out of 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks