What's new

*** Official "NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As a person who attended high school in the early 1980's, a movie like "Not Another Teen Movie" is actually kinda funny to see how many of those zany teen movies are spoofed and used to string along a conventional teen movie plot, while being self-deprecating along the way.

The leads are nice to look at (Chyler Leigh in the Rachel Leigh Cook role from "She's All That" and Chris Evans doing a decent young "Alec Baldwin" impersonation), and I'm grateful for anything that features Mia Kirshner. The rest of the cast are okay, and seem to know where the source material comes from, and has a good time.

Seeing Neal Moritz (producer) spoof his own films, like "Cruel Intentions"'s lesbian kiss and incestial competition payoff, are actually quite silly in some respects, but deliciously dark and funny at the same time, or perhaps I have a warped sense of humor.

Anyhow, I snickered through most of the teen movie references, so I got my money's worth, plus any movie that dares to include references from "Better Off Dead" gets bonus points in my book. The movie doesn't really sag much along the way as the gags are just stitched together at a good even pace. Only a handful of scenes fall flat, while the rest get enough mileage out of me to keep me entertained.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for Not Another Teen Movie. Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning! If you need to discuss those type of issues, I will designate a thread as the Official Discussion thread, once a member posts another thread to discuss this film.
Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks