What's new

*** Official "IN THE BEDROOM" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for In the Bedroom. Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
If you need to discuss those type of issues, please post your discussion comments in the Official Discussion Thread for this film which can be found at this link.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This film reminds me a lot of "The Deep End" where extraordinary events happen to "normal" people. I didn't quite enjoy that film either. I'm not really the target audience for this kind of film, but I checked it out for Sissy Spacek's performance, reportedly it is supposed to put her as a front runner for a Best Actress Oscar. Well, IMHO, I don't think so. Spacek's performance isn't horrible by a longshot, but it's not great either, it's a solid B+, nothing out of this world.

Tom Wilkinson, OTOH, did a better job, but he had a bit more screentime to develop his character, and he does a good job with his character and the traumatic events that happen to his family. I think he'll get a Best Actor nod.

I did think that Marisa Tomei was very good in this film, and she just might snag a Best Supporting Actress nomination with her role, which acts as the crux of the story.

While I didn't like the resolution, I can understand how it unravels in the way that it did.

I give it a grade of B, or 3 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks