What's new

*** Official GOTHIKA Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Gothika". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
:star: :star: out of
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Creepy movie starts off strong, then suffers from seen this all before syndrome. Cheap scares made me jump but I soon tired of them quickly.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Yes, the movie was extremely stupid, and even looking at luscious halle got boring after a while.

In its favor - one out of every three or four scare efforts actually did produce the desired effect. But clearly a thumbs down...

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Had to be the worst movie i have seen all year. Terrible acting, ridiculous story, etc. I only saw it cause my wife wanted to see it and it was her birthday. Zero stars.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I didn't think it was that bad. But then again I don't get out too much with small children running around the house.

Regardless of that, I thought it was a bit scarey in places. I jumped out of my seat a couple of times, as did the rest of the audience. The plot line did have it's holes though. But it was fun. I have no regrets of seeing this film.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I enjoyed Gothika much more than I'd expected to. I thought the first part of the movie was quite well done, especially the transition from Miranda being a doctor to Miranda as patient and murderess

But, when she began to discover that her husband was a serial killer
, I lost interest. We went from a more-imaginative story to a rather pedestrian one, and the movie just deflated for me.

They say that audiences will forgive you anything but a bad ending, and I think that, with Gothika, the absolutely stinking reviews support that notion.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks