What's new

*** Official 30 DAYS OF NIGHT Review Thread (1 Viewer)

cknookie

Agent
Real Name
Jeff Barker
I thought this movie had great effects and atmosphere, but was seriously lacking in oringinality,story,plot,and character development. 28 days later and 28 weeks later were much better films. What did everyone else think?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Absolutely HATED it....horrible acting, story, cheesy dialogue, etc etc.

Saw it with a friend at a free preview and boy were we glad it was free.

Oh and the ending...SO lame.

Save your money...don't go wasting money at the theater...MAYBE it's worth a $3.00 rental..at best.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I thought it not bad. My issues where more personal. I hate that bullshit where the vampires where hissing and squawking every time they moved their mouths. I also didn't care for the shaky cam vamp attacks.

Otherwise, it had some good moments. Danny Huston was engaging as always, the set piece in the general store was well done, what you could see with that damned cam anyways. The idea is a good one. I thought it kinda dumb that in the opening 30 minutes or so, the vamps are all sneaking around snatching people. It would of been more scary to have them leisurely killing, like they had all the time in the world. Cause that's sort of the idea of the film, they have 30 days of night right?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the movie, though I wouldn't call it great or anything. The "hissing vampire" is never my favorite take on them, so that was a negative for me. I also felt the editing at times (especially in the first half of the film) was not well done. Still, to offer some positives (strange as they may be), I will say this was quite gory at times. It also managed to throw in a scene that most movies would not include.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "30 Days of Night". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks