What's new

OAR of Michael Moore's Roger & Me? (1 Viewer)

chris_clem

Second Unit
I just bought Michael Moore's Roger & Me and the bottom of the back of box it has the standard disclaimer for pan and scans (This film has been modified...etc.). However, I have not seen a widescreen version anywhere! I am a fan Michael's books but having never seen this film I went out and bought this full screen version anyway (something I have NEVER done before.)

Amazon.com and Deepdiscount lists this as full screen, so if this is indeed the proper aspect ratio for this film, why the disclaimer?!?!? (AND if this is NOT the proper aspect ratio, where is the widescreen version available?)

*This is a simple question folks, I've done a search on previous threads but have not found my answer. PLEASE do not turn this into a political discussion!:D

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Moore didn't really anticipate a theatrical release for the film; he was just hoping it would get aired on public television and was completely taken by surprise when it became a hit on the festival circuit and got picked up for theatrical distribution. (I believe this is discussed on the commentary track.) It seems logical to assume, then, that 4:3 full-frame would be the OAR. It may have been matted in theaters (given that a lot of theaters can't handle 4:3), however. I think it's extremely unlikely that the OAR would've been 1.66:1, which is a very rare AR for a modern American film.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
IMDB lists it as 1.66:1.

I agree with Jean-Michel though, it is very possible this was always intended to be 1.33.

There is only one DVD version available, that I am aware of (and I own it).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks