What's new

NYPD Blue - All Seasons To Be Released on UK Region 2 DVD! (1 Viewer)

Pooch

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Hi, I know this has been a perennial problem for early-collectors of this excellent (and genre-breaking) US cop series, but I thought everyone would like to know that all 12 seasons of NYPD BLUE are now, finally being officially released in the UK. :) To-date: Seasons 1-6 are now available from any half-decent retailer or via Amazon.co.uk, for about £30 (UK Pounds Sterling). Seasons 7 and 8 will be released on 25th February. Seasons 9 and 10 will be released on 25th March. Seasosn 11 and 12 will be released on 29th April. All sets are Region 2 locked, so you will need a multi-region DVD player to play them, and only Seasons 1 to 4 have any extras on them. Season 12 may include some extras, but these have not been approved or confirmed at this time. Another US show that is being released in the UK is L.A. LAW. To-date, Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are available, and Season 4 will be released on 11th February, with Season 5 coming out on 20th May. Subsequent seasons should come out roughly once every three months, until all 8 seasons are available. :) Pooch

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
R2 Player or a decent, cheap player you can set to play all regions. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I knew about LA Law (and was waiting for the series to be closer to finished before buying), but NYPD Blue is new news to me. I'm also waiting to see if The Practice will get further in the UK than it did in the US.

Pooch

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Hi Shane, You may also want to know that TOUR OF DUTY was released in the UK last year, and all 3 Seasons contain all of the original music, uncensored and intact, with nothing removed or modified. This means you get to hear the Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" over the opening credits, and all the other music remains too. I believe the US DVD releases, were a hideous disaster, with horribly incorrect muzak being used to replace all the great 60's and 70's pop/rock songs. Ditto, with THE EQUALIZER. All 4 Seasons of that are out in the UK, and contain all of the original Stewart Copeland music and other pop/rock songs of the 80's that feature in the show too. Pooch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks